Nurse (RN) Manager - Clinical Decision Unit (CDU/Short Stay)Wellstar Cobb Hospital • Austell, GA • Nursing Leadership • 110279 • Days • Full-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Wellstar Cobb Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Nurse Manager in the Clinical Decision Unit (CDU) Department
Come Join an engaged and happy team!
This position is day shift
The Nurse Manager is a registered professional nurse who provides leadership and management of a specific unit(s) or service through the effective use of knowledge and skills to promote the creation of a center of excellence for staff recruitment and retention and clinical and business outcomes.
- The Nurse Manager is the standard bearer on his/her unit and holds all participants on his/her unit accountable for the delivery of care and services through effective communication; observation; and the management and measurement of specific interventions/practices and their associated outcomes.
- Responsibilities include clinical, financial, human and material resources deployment and associated outcomes or goals.
- The Nurse Manager serves as a chief retention and safety officer and ensures that safety and quality standards are upheld or met by effective use of data and technology to make decisions and proactively mitigates unnecessary risks for his/her area of responsibility.
- The Nurse Manager creates and ensures a desirable, safe work environment that enables the organization to meet or exceed its mission and goals.
- He/she models the way to foster communication and collaboration with physicians, staff, patients and other departments. Role specific competencies, responsibilities, roles and functions are based on the Professional Practice Model, 5-Star Nursing.
- It is expected that all RN Clinical Nurses are licensed, knowledgeable and uphold the practice of nursing as outlined by the Georgia Professional Nurse Practice Act and implements the Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics Standards put forth by the American Nurses Association.
- As a member of the patient services team, it is expected the individual upholds the voice of the patient, system policies and procedures while supporting service excellence goals
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education:
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from accredited nursing school required
- Master's Degree in Nursing preferred
- If bachelor degree is not in nursing, MSN must be from accredited nursing school
Required Minimum Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of progressive experience in nursing management required
- Clinical Decision Unit (CDU)/Acute/Inpatient experience is preferred.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and relationship building;
- A knowledge of the health care environment;
- leadership that includes such skills as successfully implementing and managing a change process ?
- Ability to use systems thinking- and inspire, coach others to be successful;
- Model the way for professional practice; professionalism and teamwork/collaboration for self/department/medical staff; and possess necessary business skills to manage human and material resources.
- Must be a continuous learner who understands health care financing; strategy and operations for running a business unit(s); and effectively employ data and technology to support work processes and make decisions.
- Supports shared governance or shared decision making;
- Manage the design and delivery of care that in based on evidence and focused on quality and safety
- Knowledge of risk management and various accreditation/regulations/licensing requirements assuring that these are upheld while advancing industry standards through the achievement of goals by effective management and measurement of outcomes.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s):
- Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association on the first day of employment in position