Patient Meal Service - Liaison - PRN as needed - Nutrition and Food SvcsWellstar Cobb Hospital • Austell, GA • Facility, Environmental, and Nutrition & Food Services • 112402 • Various • PRN
The liaison Position reports directly to food and nutrition management. Key responsibilities of the role include entering meal preferences within the scope of diet restrictions and delivering meals to patients in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner. Required to confirm the accuracy of the tray against the patient's order and reconfirm the correct tray is delivered to the correct patient using two patient identifiers. Represents the hospital and department in a professional and caring manner. Instructs patients in the meal ordering process. Assumes the role of patient advocate. Delivers nutrition supplies to units as ordered. Completes all other job duties as assigned.
ResponsibilitiesCore Responsibilites and Essential Functions
* Washes hands frequently and appropriately wears gloves. Performs hand hygiene upon entering and exiting patient rooms.
* Follows infection prevention practices, including personal hygiene expectations (i.e., fingernail length and finish) and reports potential risks.
* Maintains all work areas in a clean and organized manner; free of spills and fall hazards.
* Delivers patient trays and verifies patient identity using two patient identifiers.
* Verifies menu selections are accurate & compliant with diet order; seeks approval or clarification of diet compliancy from Patient Meal Services Leadership and/or Clinical Dietitian.
* Escalates food allergy and diet consistency concerns to Patient Meal Services Leadership and/or Clinical Dietitian.
* Promptly reports adverse food reactions and outside food consumption by patients.
* Monitors and records food and/or equipment temperatures as applicable; immediately correcting/escalating ?out of range? occurrences.
* Stores food and/or supplies using proper labeling, dating and rotation methods.
* Operates equipment according to all safety guidelines and escalates any unsafe conditions (i.e., frayed electrical cords).
* Uses IT equipment appropriately and protects confidential information including passwords.
* Follows department work schedule (including weekends and holidays) and arrives at the work station prior to task start time.
* Sets up, maintains, and breaks down workstation according to area requirements.
* Follows written and verbal instructions and station responsibilities with accuracy and attention to detail.
* Completes area checklists and forms, as assigned.
* Operates and cares for equipment according to manufacturer?s and area specific guidelines.
* Remains flexible to support other team members across the department to achieve desired service outcomes.
* Assists patients with menu selections, including but not limited to food preferences, allergies and other diet information in a timely manner.
* Enters menu selections in the nutrition service software accurately and in a timely manner.
* Verifies patient satisfaction with meals and conducts internal patient satisfaction surveys.
* Delivers meals to patients that meet their needs according to their cultural, spiritual, ethnic and age-specific considerations.
* Obtains additional items for patient meal trays, either left off or added on by the patient, as appropriate with diet order. Seeks approval for non-compliant meal requests. Delivers meals to patients throughout the day.
* Retrieves dirty trays from patient rooms and assists with soiled meal tray carts on patient floors.
* Prepares and delivers snacks to various units across the hospital.
* Performs department duties to include, but not limited to: Dish room, rolling silverware, floor stock replenishment, supplies requisitions, break room and general clean up.
* Intervenes and resolves customer service issues as necessary; uses judgment to escalate customer service concerns to supervisor to ensure effective customer service recovery.
* Follows work area?s uniform specifications, i.e., clothing and shoes are neat and clean.
* Collaborates with team members and Leadership to meet the goals and objectives of the Department and Hospital.
* Communicates in a respectful manner and in terms that are clear and concise.
* Respects the cultural traditions of team members and customers.
* Maintains competency in nutrition service software utilized for patient meal services.
Required for All Jobs
QualificationsRequired Minimum Education
Required Minimum Experience
Required Minimum Skills
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Additional Licenses and Certifications