RN Clinical Coordinator-PerOp-General SurgeryWellstar Cobb Hospital • Austell, GA • Nursing: Non-Bedside • 105498 • Days • Full-Time
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own!
2 years of more of Operating Room Experience Required
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own!
Clinical RN Coordinator-General Surgery
2 years or more of Operating Room Experience Required
A registered professional nurse who functions under the direction of the Manager of the Operating Room and is responsible for
providing leadership and assistance in directing all activities/services for the Operating Room of the Hospital. Responsible for the
daily function of the OR – “running the board”. He or she manages the flow of patients maintaning polices and the best interest of
all patients and surgeons. Has shared responsibility for supporting and adhering to standards of practices, system and
department policies and procedures, and ensuring quality patient care. Other responsibilities include assisting with ensuring
compliance with regulatory and legal requirements by all departmental personnel. will work under the Manager to ensure
satisfaction, appropriate reporting, and coordination of departmental functions with the operations of the operating room. Works
in collaboration with the Manager to maintain retention and recruitment. is surgical resource to all levels of nursing staff and
nursing management for facility, Patient Flow, and surgical practices. Creates and maintains an environment that enables the
hospital to fulfill its mission and goals, and fosters communication and collaborative practice with physicians and staff members.
Responsible for Performance Improvement and quality assurance aspects of surgical services. Negotiates with staff and
surgeons to assure that we are prepared for all cases.
Implement standards of practice, system, and department policies and procedures
- Review and implement department policies and procedures. As a subject matter expert, recommend or propose changes.
- Ensure understanding and compliance with standards and policies.
Ensure compliance with regulatory and legal requirements by all department personnel
- Hold accountable the individuals in the practice areas to practice and policies and escalate concerns immediately as appropriate.
- Maintain level of knowledge of current compliance requirements and pending change through professional education and awareness.
- Serve as subject matter expert in functional area for all levels of staff and for education and information sharing.
- Fosters open communication and collaborative practices between staff, other departments, and physicians/care providers.
Partner with Management and Educators to provide appropriate training and learning opportunities for staff
- Promotes safe environment for staff and patients.
- Promotes professional nursing practice through education based on evidence based practice and ethical responsibility.
- Manages and monitors the onboarding of new team members in collaboration with unit based educators and managers.
Promotes and actively participates in performance improvement initiatives designed to enhance quality patient care and improve work processes and efficiencies
- Partner with managers and staff to ensure fiscal responsibility through individual accountability, identification, and implementation of cost containment activities, reduction or elimination of waste. Empowers shared decision by fostering teamwork, open communication, and inclusion of diverse thought.
- Research and present ideas on improvements in the areas of customer satisfaction, reporting and clinical services.
- Uses problem solving and communication skills to bring forth performance improvement ideas and opportunities.
- Uses established Performance Improvement criteria when addressing issues or recommending changes in practice, policies and procedures.
Assures that supplies and appropriate staff members are available for each case/procedure for scheduled procedures
- Works with surgeons and staff to manage preference cards so that supplies, instruments, and equipment are available for each case.
- Works with materials management and vendors to assure appropriate supplies, instruments, and equipment are available.
- Works with department leaders, vendors, and surgeons on all capital equipment requests
Required Minimum Education:
Nursing education from an accredited school of nursing; licensure as a registered professional nurse in the State of Georgia;
national certification in perioperative nursing (CNOR) preferred. BSN preferred.
Required Minimum Experience:
Miminuum 2 years or more OR experience
Required Minimum Skills:
Ability to read, write and speak the English language. Posses advanced Patient Flow knowledge and skills in the practice of
perioperative nursing. Must possess excellent organizational skills. Demonstrates flexibility and the ability to see th e”big picture”.
Demonstrates knowledge of standards related to perioperative nursing. Understanding of the concepts of interpersonal
relationships. Strong customer services skills. Inter- and intradepartmental coordination of patient care activities. Delegation
skills required. Ability to multi-task is essential. Ability to function in stressful and emergency situations essential. Strong detail
orientation required. Computer skills required, including Microsoft Office products and the ability to adapt easily to other
programs. Adept as a change agent. Utilized a wide range of theories in managing complex problems or problem resolution.
Demonstrates expertise in a commitment to the advancement of the nursing practice and professions, interpersonal
communication, knowledge of group/system dynamics, commitment to staff education and development. Knowledge of nursing
theory and research required. Compliance with American Nurses’ Association Code of Ethics for Professional Nurses is required.
Demonstrates knowledge and practices within parameters outlined in Georgia Registered Professional Nurse Practice Act.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- Reg Nurse (Single State) 1.00 Required 1.00
- RN - Multi-state Compact 1.00 Required 1.00
- Basic Life Support 2.00 Required 2.00
- BLS - Instructor Required
- BLS - Provisional Required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support 3.00 Preferred 3.00
- ACLS - Instructor Preferred
- ACLS - Provisional Preferred
Required for All Jobs
- Perfrms other duties as assigned
- Complies with all Wellstar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct
- Clinical Nurse Practice Specialist Austell 05/17/2023
- Care Coordinator RN Wkd Austell 05/17/2023