Clinical Pharmacy Specialist Infectious DiseaseWellstar Cobb Hospital • Austell, GA • Allied Health • 104169 • Days • Full-Time
The Clinical Pharmacist is responsible for providing comprehensive pharmaceutical care to patients through clinical services, formulary management, development of policies and procedures, and integrated drug distribution. Individual will be responsible for providing recommendations and/or assuming responsibility for pharmacokinetics, anticoagulation, parenteral nutrition support, or other medication regimens as prescribed by provider. Individual may also be responsible for performing basic activities related to transitions of care (e.g., medication history review, medication reconciliation, patient education).
*Infectious Disease Clinical Pharmacy Specialist
*PGY1 Pharmacy Residency (required)
*PGY2 Infectious Disease Residency or at least two years of clinical pharmacy experience in infectious disease, antimicrobial stewardship, and pharmacokinetics (required)
1. Provide recommendations and/or manage therapy associated with antimicrobial stewardship/pharmacokinetics, anticoagulation, parenteral nutrition, or other medication regimens as prescribed by the provider.
- Document clinical interventions on an ongoing basis.
- Round with interdisciplinary teams, as able.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of distributive responsibilities, including computer functions.
- Assist in investigational drug studies when needed.
- Provide on-call clinical pharmacy services as needed.
- Perform medication history review and assist providers with medication reconciliation as needed.
- Perform medication management activities as outlined per Wellstar policies.
2. Educational responsibilities
- Develop and provide educational programs/inservices for health care practitioners and patients as required.
- Provide drug information when needed or requested.
- Serve as a preceptor/instructor for students from accredited colleges/schools of pharmacy.
- Serve as a preceptor for the Pharmacy Residency Program (where applicable).
- Assist in developing drug protocols.
3. Participate on assigned Committees and Projects
- Participate as a member of the Wellstar Pharmacy and Therapeutics (P&T) Committee, as well as other System and facility-specific committees as assigned or as deemed necessary.
- Identify target medications/therapies, develop criteria, and implement data collection for Medication Use Evaluations (MUE). Tabulate and present completed MUE data to the P&T Committee.
- Assist in formulary maintenance by critiquing new entities, comparing medication classes, and developing therapeutic interchanges where applicable.
- Assist in preparing for and maintaining compliance with regulatory agency (e.g., The Joint Commission) standards/requirements.
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college of pharmacy Required or
- Doctorate from an accredited college of pharmacy Preferred
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum 3 years of clinical pharmacy experience or Completion of a PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Required and
- Experience with nutrition support, anticoagulation management, and pharmacokinetics, strongly preferred Preferred
Required Minimum Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills. Experience with STAR, Microsoft Office, etc? preferred.
- Capable of preparing and providing presentations
- Strong organizational skills
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s):
-Board Certification (BCIDP preferred)
Additional Licenses and Certifications
- Board Certification (e.g., BCPS, BCGP, etc.) strongly preferred Preferred