Brew Specialist - Barista - Full Time -Shift Vary - Nutrition and Food ServicesWellstar Cobb Hospital • Austell, GA • Facility, Environmental, and Nutrition & Food Services • 109885 • Various • Full-Time
Responsible for preparing and serving coffee, food, and other beverages in a professional, courteous and efficient manner. Responsible for taking, producing, ringing up, and delivering order to guest. Handle financial transactions in a competent and circumspect manner. Keep area in a professional and welcoming condition, stocking, serving, and general cleanup. Production of food items per par levels and menu. Represent the hospital and department in a professional and caring manner. All other job duties as assigned. Exemplifies Stands of Gold and the Operation Pillars of Excellence in performing daily duties and responsibilities.
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- Accuracy / Time management
* Completes job assignment thoroughly and without mistakes. Helps coworkers to do the same.
* Has less than 3 money handling issues per month with a variance of $5.00.
* Ability to accurately make specialty coffees as ordered and in a timely manner.
* Accurately rings customers having minimal voids and able to move customers through line quickly.
* Handles, balances and reports on cash deposits with great accuracy.
- Resources management
* Uses minimal supplies to complete the job
* Uses leftovers appropriately and notifies management of excess waste.
* Operate equipment in compliance with training processes and manufacturer?s directions and guidelines.
* Uses established amount of product when making sandwiches and salads.
- Customer Service & Cultural Awareness
* Has the ability to function effectively in unexpected circumstances and intervenes and resolves customer service issues as necessary
* Seeks and uses information concerning culturally based needs of customers & team members.
* Greets customers using appropriate scripting.
* Pulls the team together, gets assignments done and keeps management informed and proactively anticipates and resolves customer service issues
* Communicates with all customers in clear concise and simple terms that are understandable and includes all necessary information, Utilizing good listening skills: clarifying when necessary, and let?s people finish speaking.
- Adherence to Company and Department operating policy and procedures
* Takes and records temps for coolers and food.
* Follows company established money handling guidelines.
* Handles and stores all food items in compliance with HACCP & Cobb County Health Department codes and guidelines
* Washes hands, wears gloves appropriately, sanitizes work area also helps to make others aware of these needs.
* Cleans and organizes as they go. Spills and debris are picked up as they occur. Proactively works to keep area compliant with Fire regulations. Encourages a safe work environment.
* Uniform fits properly, is clean and pressed. Shoes are appropriate, clean, polished and in good repair. Hair is restrained properly at all times. Nails are natural, trimmed, clean and free of polish.
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education
- High school diploma Required or
- equivalent. Required and
- Will accept high school student for part time position.
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum 1 year retail food service experience preferred, preferably in a coffee venue.
Required Minimum Skills
- Must exhibit outstanding interpersonal skills required to work with others.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic knowledge of Coffee and associated beverage production.
- Need to have basic math, money handling, and cash register skills.
- Candidates must also possess adequate people skills for interacting with customers and be able to perform duties in a very busy environment.
- The individual must be able to communicate and understand verbal and written English language and display a positive attitude.
- Handles financial transactions in an honest and efficient manner.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Additional Licenses and Certifications