Administrative Assistant @ AustellWellstar Medical Group • Austell, GA • Administrative and Clerical • 114954 • Days • Full-Time
The Administrative Assistant functions under the direction of the designated leader to provide specialized project and administrative assistance. The Administrative Assistant relieves the leaders of administrative type functions. In addition, this position provides direct administrative and secretarial support to the designated leader and other members of leadership. May handle a wide variety of situations and conflicts involving the clerical and administrative functions of the office. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Prepares routine and advanced correspondence including letters, memoranda and reports. Relies on experience and established criteria to plan and accomplish goals.
1700 Hospital South Drive
Austell, Georgia 30106
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- Project Support
* Support special projects with administrative functions
* Track both simple and complex metrics and measurements defined by the committee and cabinet members
* Communicate project and event timelines and deadlines
* Track and distribute project progress including milestones
* Attend and take minutes during committee meetings
* Respond to requests for assistance from cabinet and committee team members in a timely manner utilizing excellent organization and follow-through skills.
- Provide specialized administrative support to Leader(s)
* Provide executive leader support including but not limited to their schedules, job duties, keeping them on track, and providing reminders about upcoming events
* Efficiently manage, organize, plan, schedule, coordinate and maintain information for the leader
* Assist with developing presentations and meeting materials
* Set up a system agreeable to both leader and assistant on how to organize work flow including but not limited to filing, incoming and outgoing mail and correspondence, to do list and emails
* Purchase items and process invoices while adhering to budgetary constraints
* Keep calendars current. All double bookings should be reprioritized and rescheduled.
* Maintain a list of all frequent contacts
* Coordinate meetings related to the executive/leader supported with administrative staff, physicians and outside associations
* Schedule meetings, meeting preparation (send out reminders, packets, set-up equipment, minutes)
* Keep office supplied, manage office logistics and procurement/fulfillment
* Proactively project cross coverage in the event other assistants are absent or attending meeting
* Represent the leadership and the hospital in a highly professional manner, including professional attire
* Ensure quality customer service
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education
- Graduate of an accredited high school or equivalent accredited program Required and
- Bachelor's Degree in business, health services or similar preferred Preferred
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum 2 years of college or equivalent work experience Required and
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a project or administrative assistant. Required and
- Minimum 2 years of experience in healthcare setting preferred Preferred and
- Heavy computer experience required with extremely strong skills in Word, Excel and Power Point Required and
- Very strong organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal Required and
- Ability to interface with leaders, physicians and staff from a service excellence perspective Required
Required Minimum Skills
- Self-directed, demonstrated ability to work autonomously and prioritize multiple assignments without little supervision.
- Exceptional skills with follow-through and attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively with and through other people.
- Extensive computer experience with expertise in Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Confident and accomplished in multitasking and prioritizing as well as efficiently working collaboratively with a broad team of professional, clinical and non-clinical.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Additional Licenses and Certifications