Behavioral Health Consultant / Licensed Clinical Social Worker - LCSW - Avalon Health Park - Alpharetta GAWellstar Medical Group • Alpharetta, GA • Advanced Practice Providers • 110101 • Days • Full-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
IMPORTANT: A cover letter and curriculum vitae (resume) must be compiled into one document prior to applying. This compiled document should be uploaded into the resume field during application. Or email to Beth.Guerin@wellstar.org
- Cover letter must include why you are applying for a Primary Care Behavioral Health Consultant position and what evidence-based skills and training you will utilize in this position.
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine defined high quality primary care as: “… the provision of whole-person, integrated, accessible, and equitable health care by interprofessional teams that are accountable for addressing the majority of an individual’s health and wellness needs across settings and through sustained relationships with patients, families, and communities”. Evidence supports the use of behavioral health programs integrated into primary care as an effective way to achieve this objective with the goal of actualizing patient-centered outcomes. Wellstar Health System is committed to high quality primary care as demonstrated through the expansion of its Primary Care Behavioral Health Integration (PCBHI) program.
The Social Worker LCSW will work as a Behavioral Health Consultant in the primary care setting. The Behavioral Health Consultant provides expertise in evidenced based screenings, risk assessments, brief interventions, and consultation with medical professionals to coordinate patient care. This clinician is also responsible for supporting patients in accessing community resources for psychiatry and specialty mental health. This clinician is responsible for providing interventions for patients across the lifespan.
Required Minimum Education:
- Experience working in the ambulatory setting or in a hospital setting is preferred.
- Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited School of social work is required.
- Current Georgia License as LCSW is required.
- Three years' experience in a health-related field, mental health, and behavioral health is required for this position.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Crisis Intervention, brief evidenced based interventions and experience working with patients using the biopsychosocial model.
- Possesses emotional maturity, interested in learning and teaching, and comfortable in fast-paced environments.
- Demonstrates ability to work with patients across the lifespan.
- Demonstrates ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Possesses experience with evidenced based brief interventions.
- Possesses knowledge of developmental characteristics (physical, psychosocial, intellectual) of people of all ages, economic backgrounds and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrate basic use of Windows, Outlook and Microsoft Office.
- CME of $5,000 per year
- $1,000 for journals and subscriptions
- Relocation assistance
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Occurrence-based malpractice coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- 403(b) with employer match
- CME allowance
- Extended illness bank
- Paid time off for vacation and holidays
- Concierge service
- Adoption assistance