Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - Cardiovascular MedicineWellstar Medical Group • Woodstock, GA • Nursing Support • 112922 • Days • Full-Time
The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) functions under the direction of the Physician, Clinical Lead, Clinical Nurse Supervisor, Nurse Supervisor and/or Office Manager. Recognizes patient's needs and symptoms in advance. Provides care patients with problems with their cardiovascular system. We treat patients with routine to complex cardiovascular disease. General, interventional, pediatric, electrophysiology, structural heart, and heart failure among a few. RNs must have excellent assessment skills and the ability to critically think through disease process.
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- Room patients for providers
- Chart Prep
- Manual Blood Pressure and Heart Rate
- Orthostatic Blood Pressure/Heart Rate
- EKGs Perform patient PT/INR Checks
- Manage Inbasket Refills per protocol
- Manage eFax requests
- Prior Authorizations
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education
- High school diploma Required and
- equivalent Required and
- Graduate from an accredited medical assistant program Preferred and
- Graduate from a newly formed medical assistant program in which the program has the intent to seek CAAHEP or ABHES accreditation Preferred
Required Minimum Experience
- Work experience in a practice setting Preferred and
- Specific experience in practice specialty Required and
- Radiology experience, and/or will provide training within first sixty days. Preferred and
- Phlebotomy certification, and/or will provide training within first sixty days. Preferred
Required Minimum Skills
- Must be organized and attentive to detail.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently to assure patient comfort and satisfaction.
- Able to communicate and understand verbal and written English language, optimize the use of technology to support clinical care and holds basic computer skills.
- The employee should also be able to adhere to the WellStar Credo and Code of Conduct.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- Cert Medical Assistant Required
- Basic Life Support Required
- BLS - Instructor Required
- BLS - Provisional Required
Additional Licenses and Certifications
- Must have successfully passed a Medical Assistant credentialing body examination (AAMA, AMT, NHA, or NCCT) with current and maintained Medical Assistant Credential. Required and
- Must complete the required OSHA training course for operators of radiology equipment within sixty days of hire. Required