Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - NeurosurgeryWellstar Medical Group • Roswell, GA • Nursing Support • 110303 • Days • Full-Time
The Medical Assistant functions under the direction of the Physician, Clinical Lead, Clinical Nurse Supervisor, Nurse Supervisor and/or Office Manager. Recognizes patient's needs and symptoms in advance. Provides care for the patient under the physician's direction. Helping patients needing care for a variety of neurologic conditions. The majority of our patients follow up for life as they manage their chronic conditions. We also perform a number of procedures in our clinics including EMG/NCS, Botox, headache injections, vitamin b12 injections, and urine drug screens. setting.
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- Rooming patients for providers
- Vital Signs
- Suture/Staple removal
- Dressing changes
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education
- High school diploma Required and
- equivalent Required and
- Graduate from an accredited medical assistant program Preferred and
- Graduate from a newly formed medical assistant program in which the program has the intent to seek CAAHEP or ABHES accreditation Preferred
Required Minimum Experience
- Work experience in a practice setting Preferred and
- Specific experience in practice specialty Required and
- Radiology experience, and/or will provide training within first sixty days. Preferred and
- Phlebotomy certification, and/or will provide training within first sixty days. Preferred
Required Minimum Skills
- Must be organized and attentive to detail.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently to assure patient comfort and satisfaction.
- Able to communicate and understand verbal and written English language, optimize the use of technology to support clinical care and holds basic computer skills.
- The employee should also be able to adhere to the WellStar Credo and Code of Conduct.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- Cert Medical Assistant Required
- Basic Life Support Required
- BLS - Instructor Required
- BLS - Provisional Required
Additional Licenses and Certifications
- Must have successfully passed a Medical Assistant credentialing body examination (AAMA, AMT, NHA, or NCCT) with current and maintained Medical Assistant Credential. Required and
- Must complete the required OSHA training course for operators of radiology equipment within sixty days of hire. Required