Dir Site Imaging ServicesWellstar North Fulton Hospital • Roswell, GA • Leadership • 114530 • Days • Full-Time
The Director of Site Imaging Services reports to a member of the Facility Senior Leadership Team and provides operational management for all Medical Imaging modalities at the facility and any Outpatient Imaging Centers associated with the main facility.
The Director is responsible for ensuring compliance with all Local, State, and Federal agencies rules and regulations. They are also responsible for ensuring that all accrediting bodies quality standards and rules and regulations are compliant. He/she is responsible for holding staff accountable for image quality, selection of appropriate technique or protocol. Promotes utilization of low-dose techniques and proper positioning.
Develops, interprets and implements budgets and strategic, long-term plans. Ensures that quality services are provided per established policies and procedures. He/she is responsible for performing a wide variety of management tasks requiring independent judgement, ingenuity and initiative. The Director can independently perform job functions. This leader should have a comprehensive operational understanding of hospital inpatient and outpatient imaging departments and equipment planning.
ResponsibilitiesCore Responsibilites and Essential Functions
* Holds leaders accountable for knowing what variances are occurring in their operational areas of oversight based on budgeted projections versus actual numbers.
* Works closely with Business Development Consultants to mitigate issues brought forward by medical staff, referring physician practices and their office staff.
* Actively engaged with the community and its needs, brings ideas for new Imaging opportunities to senior leadership.
* Holds leaders accountable for maintaining imaging equipment utilized in the Medical Imaging department to ensure they are being in properly maintained and inspected, which will limit the amount of downtime and potential for lost revenue.
* Ensures that all imaging equipment is ACR accredited in a timely manner.
* Accountable for updating managed care websites in a timely manner when equipment or staffing changes, or delegates and holds staff accountable.
* Holds staff accountable for charging exams and supplies used at the time of service.
* Actively engaged with Enterprise Imaging (PACS) staff at facility and manages any concerns appropriately.
* Handles day to day operational duties within areas of responsibility.
* Collaborates with facility leadership in moving the strategic plan forward for the facility.
* Able to manage and stay on point when new equipment is being delivered and installed, including completing all state notifications and ACR accreditation submission.
* Works collaboratively with the Facilities Engineering Department on capital equipment installment, when the on-site facility engineering department is handling the project.
* Collaborates with System Medical Imaging Department leaders on capital equipment selection and subsequent purchase/installation.
* Actively engaged in new projects affecting their facility, such as new health parks, new imaging centers, acquisitions of practices with Imaging, etc.?
* Understands that maintaining a positive collegial relationship with other department leaders will move the facility mission forward.
Required for All Jobs
QualificationsRequired Minimum Education
Required Minimum Experience
Required Minimum Skills
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Additional Licenses and Certifications