Asst Mgr Pharmacy OperationsWellstar North Fulton Hospital • Roswell, GA • Allied Health • 113394 • Days, Evenings, Nights • Full-Time
Functions under the direction of the Director or Manager of Pharmacy Services. Assists with project plans, goals, deadlines, testing, implementation, and post live support of complex software system applications. Coordinates the Pharmacy Services systems by monitoring service needs, recommending system functions, and upgrading system as needed, tracking data trends, defining report methodology and providing training to the Pharmacy Services Staff. Responsible for oversight of Inventory Management and Automation. Supervises Technician staff. Responsible for hiring, evaluating, and discipline of all direct reports. Tracks attendance and productivity reports; reports variances as necessary. Responsible for implementing and overseeing pharmacy operations projects, as directed. Responsible for creating, maintaining, and changing workflow in the delivering of medications for patient care. Participates in policy and procedure development regarding improvements, and departmental operating systems and procedures.
ResponsibilitiesCore Responsibilites and Essential Functions
* a. Serves as a Project Manager for Pharmacy Department, develops project plans, goals, deadlines, testing, implementation and post go-live support of complex software system applications in conjunction with the Director of Pharmacy.
* b. Ensures successful completion of projects through cross-functional teams within the organization.
* c. Responsible for all expansion projects including construction and renovation as related to the Pharmacy Department.
* a. Supervises Inventory Specialist, Pharmacy Automation Analyst, and Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacy Lead Technicians. Responsible for all HR issues including annual merit reviews and corrective actions.
* b. Responsible for hiring, evaluating, and discipline of all direct reports.
* c. Collects information through the various computer applications
* d. Defines, compiles, and interprets reports
* e. Use judgment to handle issues when policies and guidelines are inadequate.
* f. Manages Pharmacy operational work flow and scheduling of Staff.
* g. Schedule hospital Code Carts and/or Medications Floor inspections quarterly (TJC requirement).
* h. Assist in TJC Medication Management standards.
* i. Responsible for Technician Hiring and Training Process.
* a. Supervises the Pharmacy Services systems by monitoring service needs, recommending system functions, and upgrading system as needed, tracking data trends, defining report methodology and providing training to the Pharmacy Services Staff. Analyze and evaluate workflow processes and recommend possible process improvements.
* b. Provides advanced technical assistance to Pharmacy/Nursing staff in the use of the various applications
* c. Implements, maintains, and updates computer applications to include all maintenance and upgrades.
* d. Responsible for Pharmacy site specific systems and serves as an escalation point for Pharmacy Systems Analyst
* e. Serves as a liaison within Pharmacy Department to IT, EPMO and Clinical Informatics Departments
* f. Maintain current knowledge of pharmacy related technology, systems and equipment.
* g. Troubleshoots and resolves, or coordinates resources for Pharmacy related issues
* a. Responsible for overseeing Inventory Specialists and inventory management.
* b. Assist in Capital and Operating Budget Planning. Monitors and reports any variances and develops plan to address deviations.
* c. Utilizes applications to analyze action data and staffing information based on analytical information.
Required for All Jobs
QualificationsRequired Minimum Education
Required Minimum Experience
Required Minimum Skills
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Additional Licenses and Certifications