Vice President, Post Acute ServicesWellstar Shared Services • Marietta, GA • Leadership • 98514 • Days • Full-Time
The Vice President (VP) Post-Acute Services will oversee the strategic and business operations for Wellstar Post-Acute Services. This individual ensures operational efficiencies and quality service through quantitative monitoring of operational performance and developing and implementing action plans to secure efficient operations. In addition, this individual will serve on the leadership cabinet and may be involved in a variety of designated projects. Post-Acute Services at Wellstar includes Hospice, Home Health, Home Hospice, Senior Living and Memory Care and Skilled Nursing Services.
Wellstar has well defined operating goals focused on clinical quality and patient safety, team member engagement and culture of trust, financial success, patient experience and growth. The VP Post-Acute Services will be accountable to lead the operational teams to meet the goals; therefore, improving overall performance. The individual in this role will work collaboratively with clinicians from across the System to assess and expand the current transfer and referral process to ensure the patients and communities served are able to receive
The VP will further position the organization to succeed in a rapidly evolving market, emphasizing the importance of a strong operating infrastructure that will support the overall system's goals of promoting operational efficiency, including integration across system operations and throughput, as well as implementation and optimization of the digital operating model. This individual will have demonstrated experience in creating a cohesive and collaborative practice culture which prides itself on being the preeminent leader with regard to
patient access, quality, safety, and world-class patient experience.
As a key member of the strategic leadership team for the system, the VP will be a key contributor during the decision-making process, anticipating and acting on opportunities that will enhance services and the patient experience, particularly addressing challenges that face the system's market and community.
This individual monitors systems, financial performance, processes and procedures to continuously improve the services, efficiency and outcomes of Post-Acute services. WellStar expects a self-reliant, experienced executive who can expertly manage the day-to-day operations.
The Vice President Post-Acute Services will be aligned with WellStar Health System's vision to provide worldclass healthcare and to position WellStar services to be the provider of choice for patients and physicians.
Assess, develop, and enhance the operational leadership team.
- Work closely with the existing and leadership team assess current capabilities.
- Leverage strengths and address challenges. The system has undergone significant changes from reorganizing the operating structure to changes in leadership.
- Create and monitor a stability and growth plan to remain a competitive in the market.
- Facilitate a culture of trust between staff and leadership and hold leaders accountable for moving the service areas forward as a desired career designation.
- Promotes improvements using appropriate performance improvement methodologies (Lean/Six Sigma), data and benchmarking.
Strategic Operational Leadership
- Participate in the development of Post-Acute strategic plans and short and long-term objectives to ensure continued growth of home health and post-acute services are achieved.
- Skilled Nursing Facilities - Ensure the continued growth and the provision of necessary services to the community; implements plans and programs as approved by the System.
- Hospice services - to ensure the end-of-life needs of the communities are met.
- Set goals on an annual basis around four system objectives (People, Patient Experience, Patient Outcomes & Patient Safety, Financial Performance). In addition, goals will also be set regarding growth of services and patients served.
- Partner with the leadership teams to achieve the operational goals, ensuring appropriate measurement of performance.
- Ensure that systems, processes and procedures are in place and utilized to continuously improve the services, efficiency and outcomes.
- Work closely with finance, corporate resources and other operational leaders to ensure appropriate information is available to make sound operational decisions.
- Lead continued focus on safety, team and physician engagement, and the building of crossfunctional relationships generating enthusiasm and support for an integrated and seamless continuum of care for patients.
- Oversee and manage the development of appropriate policies and procedures to ensure services and facilities are in compliance with the necessary regulatory legislation, the Joint
Commission (TJC), and System requirements
Develop/Sustain Operational Partnerships
- Establish personal and professional credibility, gain respect and built trust with leadership, peers, teammates, physicians and the community. Gain a reputation as an engaged, highly visible, knowledgeable, and strong leader who is in touch with day-to-day operations and physician needs; forge productive relationships at the hospital and system level, as well as in the community and with the community Board.
- Work closely with Hospital Presidents and WellStar Medical Group to coordinate operations across the system.
- Ensure consistent operating philosophies and practices across the continuum of care and support sites.
- Foster relationships with direct reports to ensure that the clinical needs of the patients are met through effective coordination and collaboration with medical staff.
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education:
- Must hold either a Master’s Degree in Nursing or Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from accredited nursing schools with a Master’s Degree in related field required.
Required Minimum Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of progressive healthcare administration experience required.
- Significant experience in a senior operational leadership role in a large complex healthcare institution, skilled nursing services, senior care services or a multi-hospital system required.
- Demonstrated success and expertise in broad operational healthcare leadership, including past successes improving patient satisfaction, employee engagement and cultural trust, fiscal performance and clinical quality required.
- Demonstrable effectiveness in leading quality initiatives required.
- Ability to influence positive and sustainable change in an urgent and fast-paced environment required.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Strong interpersonal qualities and the demeanor and style to quickly establish credibility in the organization.
- Superior physician relation building skills.
- An ability to organize and present data in a concise and easily understood manner, often to professionals, physicians and board members.
- The ability to use data to create accountability structures to drive success.
- Proven success in accumulating and analyzing appropriate data and formulate actionable plans to achieve goals.
- A comfort with a competitive and complex healthcare market.
- A sensitivity to the “family-like aspects” and “community based aspects” of the culture of the Wellstar Health System and has a comfort level with integrating these attributes of the culture in planning for the future business of the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the confidence to represent the Wellstar Health System in formal and informal settings.
- Creative problem solving skills with the willingness to take the initiative in leading change as well as the ability to effectively manage change.
- An understanding of and a commitment to patient experience as a necessary component for success.
- A management philosophy and behavior which exemplifies integrity and strength of character, people sensitivity and respect for others, collaboration and team building, sense of humor, willingness to share and teach, customer service orientation and commitment to quality in all endeavors.
- Values consistent with those of Wellstar Health System.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s):
- RN - Multi-state Compact required.
- Reg Nurse (Single State) required.
- Dir Practice Operations Marietta 06/01/2023
- Dir Provider Recruitment Marietta 05/28/2023
- Mgr Practice Marietta 05/25/2023