Transcriptionist Team LeaderWellstar Shared Services • Marietta, GA • Professional • 113840 • Days • Full-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Medical language specialist who interprets and transcribes dictation by physicians and other healthcare providers regarding patient assessment, workup, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, clinical course, prognosis, etc., in order to document patient care and facilitate delivery of healthcare services within a hospital inpatient setting. Maintains transcription and dictation platforms to ensure dictated reports are transcribed and available to providers in the EHR per department standard Turn-Around-Time. Oversees vendor relationships for transcription and dictation services and serves as liaison between vendors and physicians and clinicians. Ensures QA and TAT meets service line agreement, performs monthly audits of user access to transcription platform.
Required Minimum Education:
- High school diploma Graduate of high school Required
- Other Education College coursework in transcription, anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, pharmacology and laboratory medicine and Certificate of Medical Transcription course preferred
Required Minimum Experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Medical Transcriptionist in acute care, multi-specialty hospital setting Required
- Technical experience specific to dictation and transcription systems Preferred
- Experience performing medical transcription quality assessment preferred Preferred
Required Minimum Skills:
- Ability to work independently and without direct supervision.
- Problem solving skills and ability to prioritize and organize work in fasts-paced environment
- Analytical skills with ability to recommend and process improvement
- The individual must be able to communicate and understand verbal and written English language and display a positive attitude (see WellStar’s “Standards of Gold” and “Values”).
- Must have strong computer skills to include Outlook, Word, and Excel
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s):
- Certified Medical Transcriptionist (CMT) Credential preferred Preferred