Supervisor Acute Care TherapyWellstar Kennestone Hospital • Marietta, GA • Leadership • 111354 • Days • Full-Time
Clinical Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership and coordinating services within the OP Rehabilitation Center or the inpatient Acute Care Therapies department while maintaining a direct patient care caseload; assumes responsibility for enforcing clinical standards of practice, departmental policies and procedures, and maintaining and improving the quality of patient care delivered; assures staff and program compliance with established standards, practices, policies/procedures and regulatory requirements; responsible for overall standards of patient care, assist with human resource management, patient/customer satisfaction; responsible for directing age specific rehabilitative practices that address the biological, developmental, psychosocial and clinical needs of the patient and/or family. Creates an environment which enables the system to fulfill its mission and goals, fosters communication and collaborative practice with physicians and other departments.
ResponsibilitiesCore Responsibilites and Essential Functions
* Participates with Multi Site Manager and Director in the selection of qualified personnel to ensure competent and adequate staffing
* Assists Multi Site Manager and Director in compliance with System and facility policies and procedures, standards of practice and documentation standards for all staff
* Maintains ongoing log of performance on all staff with assistance of Junior Leaders
* Monitor and evaluate staff competency and performance with Jr. leaders
* Regularly recognizes staff for achievements through positive feedback
* Makes recommendations to Multi Site Manager and Director re: continuing education activities for staff and encourages continual learning for all staff; including staff participation in both required and elective in services or educational programs
* Assist Multi Site Manager and Director in providing for system and departmental orientation of all new employees.
* Promotes a positive environment to patients, families, staff and the community
* Responds to inquiries and complaints effectively and timely and promotes a positive, professional image serving as a liaison between rehabilitative staff, physicians, and administration
* Demonstrates commitment to teamwork through positive interactions and feedback to/from subordinates, physicians, peers and other customers
* Accepts responsibility for employee morale and team performance toward goal achievement.
* Assists Multi Site Manager and Director in the development of measurable, team goals, monitors progress and keeps staff abreast of progress toward achievement.
* Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment for the delivery of care based upon an understanding of current clinical/technological advances in rehabilitative care
* Continually assesses current trends/clinical/technological advances in the area of practice and takes appropriate action to improve functional outcomes, patient satisfaction and cost-effective care.
* Reviews department/program specific standards/policies/procedures as needed to assure compliance with established standards, standardization efforts and current practice
* Oversees the daily operation of the programs and, in collaboration with the Multi Site Manager and Director, physicians, appropriately adapts patient care processes to the assessed needs of the patient/family
* Assesses, provides for the delivery of and evaluates rehabilitative practices and insures quality of services delivered within the program
* Insures that all staff collaborate in the discharge planning process and patient/family education to enable the system to deliver services more cost effectively in the most appropriate setting to meet patient needs
* Maintains an average of 60-75% direct patient care caseload. Communicates to the DOO if additional admin hours are needed.
* Assists Director with the implementation of operational and capital budgets that are consistent with system-wide, facility/divisional goals and objectives
* Assists Director with the establishment of productivity measures & oversees directly compliance of productivity measures for the achievement of established goals for OP Rehab Services.
* Assist the Director in maintaining FTE, salary and expense budgets at or below budgeted levels, assist with the review/analysis of current/historical data relevant to budget variances.
* Assists Director with the development of collaborative approaches that promote quality, cost-effective rehabilitative services across the continuum.
* Enforces compliance and regulatory standards
* Enforces professional standards for the program based upon recognized standards of care, JCAHO and CARF standards, state/federal regulations and overall system policies and procedures
* monitors staff compliance of regulatory standards
Required for All Jobs
QualificationsRequired Minimum Education
Required Minimum Experience
Required Minimum Skills
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Additional Licenses and Certifications