Sr VM Ware EngineerWellstar Shared Services • Marietta, GA • Information Systems and Technology • 105070 • Days, Various • Full-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Sr. VMware Engineer will provide operational support and expertise in the design, deployment, and maintenance of the VMware infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring the reliability, availability, and security of our virtualized environment as well as experience in lifecycle management. They will work closely with cross-functional teams to resolve technical issues and implement best practices for VMware technology.
- Design, deploy and manage VMware-based solutions that meet business requirements and adhere to industry standards
- Install, configure, and maintain virtualized Infrastructure including vCenter, vSphere, SRM, storage, and NSX-T.
- Manage and monitor virtual machines, templates, and snapshots to ensure optimal performance and resource utilization
- Manage virtual network switch (vDS) infrastructure and NFS and/or FC storage allocation and space.
- Assist in the design of virtual infrastructures and associated software or Hardware components to maintain smooth functionality of the environment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to VMware infrastructure, including performance, availability, network, and security issues
- Implement and maintain backup and disaster recovery solutions for VMware environment
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan and implement changes to the VMware environment.
- Develop and maintain documentation of VMware infrastructure, including architecture diagrams, configuration details, and operational procedures
- Develop and plan VMware Upgrades of new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
Required Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science or related field (related field can be waived in lieu of industry experience) Required
Required Minimum Experience:
- Minimum 7 years Overall Information Technology field Required and
- Minimum 4 years Managing, designing, deploying, and supporting VMware Infrastructure Required and
- Minimum 5 years IT Infrastructure Required
- Minimum 1 year Healthcare industry Preferred
- Minimum 3 years Large company of 10k+ Employees Preferred
Required Minimum Skills:
- Working knowledge of monitoring and troubleshooting vSphere, Storage, Network, and performance issues within the virtualized environment. High
- Understanding and familiarity working in vSphere infrastructure behind NSX-T network and Firewall segments. Medium
- Experience in Configuring and managing Storage LUN or NFS with in the VMware vSphere environment. Low
- Understanding of Cisco UCS hardware hosting vSphere environment. Low
- Experience with disaster recovery solutions with VMware SRM and NetApp SRA. Low
- Familiarity with automation tools and scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, JSON with vRealize Automaton. Medium
- Strong understanding of virtualization technologies and concepts in software defined datacenter including vRealize Suite (vROPs, vRLI, vRA, vLCM, vIDM ). High
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills High
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment High
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. High