Sr. Executive AssistantWellstar Shared Services • Marietta, GA • Professional • 111918 • Days • Full-Time
The Senior Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to the Wellstar President and CEO. Reporting directly to the Chief of Staff and Vice President of Leadership Development, the Senior Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Senior Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to Wellstar leaders, team members and community members. The Senior Executive Assistant will provide support in organizing and coordinating executive outreach and external relations efforts, and special projects. The Senior Executive Assistant must display critical thinking and time management skills. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a diversity of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- Draft and prepare correspondence for internal announcements, board meetings, and organizations that the executive is involved with
- Manage the President and CEO’s contacts
- Assist in preparing and managing presentations and decks.
- Be responsive to emails/texts/phone calls, with contact outside normal business hours
- Welcome the President and CEO’s guests by greeting them, in person or on the phone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Use discretion, confidentiality, and good judgment to handle C-Level matters.
- Represent the company and the President and CEO in a positive light through great follow-through skills and sound judgment.
- Conserve the President and CEO’s time by reading, researching, collecting and analyzing information as needed, in advance.
- Complete adhoc projects as assigned
- Organize complex calendars and schedules; resolving any scheduling issues
Coordination, Organization and Multi-Tasking
- Opens, screens and prioritizes all incoming mail, making decision as to which mail should be directed to the President and CEO and which can be delegated for action to other personnel.
- Responsible for Time and Attendance as appropriate for employees in the President and CEO’s office.
- Schedules conference attendance, travel, hotel and seminar arrangements for the President and CEO, completing appropriate authorization and expense reports.
- Takes minutes as specified by the President and CEO, using discretion and expertise to ensure only pertinent information is included in the final minutes while always maintaining confidentially. Arranges appropriate follow-up actions.
- Prepares arrangements for all meetings scheduled by the President and CEO, including notifying attendees, reserving rooms, requesting refreshments, audio/visual equipment set up and preparing/distributing agendas and supporting documentation.
- Coordinates and completes letter correspondence for President and CEO in a proactive and timely manner.
- Research and prepare bios and overview for individuals and organizations who engage and interact with the President and CEO
- Other administrative/clerical support duties as needed.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the President and CEOs office and Wellstar team members, community members, external partners and others.
- Ensure that all stakeholders feel good about their interactions with the Office of the President and CEO
- Draft and edit correspondence that is often sensitive and confidential
Required Minimum Education
- High school diploma Required or
- Bachelor's Degree Required
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum 5 years as an executive assistant; Required or
- Minimum 10 years varied and progressively responsible secretarial experience Required or
- large company and/or healthcare system. Preferred
Required Minimum Skills
- Advanced computer skills in MicroSoft Word and advanced to intermediate skills in Excel, PowerePoint etc.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including complex executive meetings.
- Experience preparing executive schedules, correspondence, presentations, reports etc., including understanding of financial reports and statements.
- Ability to effectively interface with staff, leaders and physicians.