Cardiovascular Nurse Navigator - Autonomic ProgramWellstar Medical Group • Woodstock, GA • Nursing: Non-Bedside • 112491 • Days • Full-Time
The Autonomic Clinic Nurse Navigator identifies patients who are appropriate for the Clinic, engages those patients in clinic services, and assists with coordination of care between services and across the continuum of care. The Nurse Navigator works collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams in both the inpatient and outpatient settings to ensure timely and effective access to care by facilitating referrals to the CVM Practice. The Nurse Navigator assists with the provision of care within the clinic as well as via telephone and virtual visits. The Nurse Navigator serves as a resource to patients, providers, departments within the WellStar system as well as external agencies.
*This position will be Monday - Friday in office - NOT remote*
**Sign on Bonus and Relocation Eligible Role – Please apply Today to learn more!**
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- Case Management * Participates in case finding to identify patients who would benefit from Comprehensive Care Clinic services. * Perform initial assessment using case management tools to determine patient/family needs. * Serve as a liaison between patient/family and healthcare providers. * Coordinate care across the continuum to ensure successful care transitions. * Coordinate care with home health agencies.
- Remote Monitoring and Patient Care * Regularly monitors data output from implanted remote monitoring devices. * Coordinates care with physicians/providers based upon remote monitoring device data. * Accurately documents all care provided in the electronic medical record. * Communicates with patients/families remotely via telephonic means and/or virtual visits. * Functions within the scope of guidelines/protocols supported by the American Heart Association, American College of Cardiology, and Heart Failure Association of America.
- Clinical Expert/Resource * Serves as a resource to the clinical team by providing support and education to team members within the clinic as well as throughout the healthcare system. * Serves as a resource to the community by participating in educational offerings to patients/families and community members. * Assists in the development of clinical practice guidelines. * Participates in performance improvement projects.
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education
- Bachelor's Degree Nursing. Required
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing Required
Required Minimum Experience
- minimum 3 years adult acute care clinical experience with at least 2 years’ specialization in cardiology Required and
- Case Management and/or remote patient management experience Preferred
Required Minimum Skills
- Strong clinical background in an acute care setting.
- Strong customer focus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of electronic medical records.
- Ability to organize and lead meetings as well as present in groups.
- Ability to work independently, delegate, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- Reg Nurse (Single State) 1.00 Required 1.00
- RN - Multi-state Compact 1.00 Required 1.00
- Basic Life Support 2.00 Required 2.00
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support 3.00 Required 3.00
Additional Licenses and Certifications