Project Assistant - PRNWellstar Shared Services • Marietta, GA • Professional • 115018 • Days, Various • PRN
The Project Assistant functions in a customer service role and is responsible for day to day operations of
the front office to include patient registration/scheduling, clerical support and project management. This
individual works independently and is responsible for completing tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
Local travel between service sites may be required.
Patient registration/scheduling entails obtaining accurate information (e.g. demographic, financial,
insurance), maintaining a working knowledge of insurance benefits and coverage, providing directions to
various education sites as well as working closely with referring provider offices.
Must be competent to assist with various projects (e.g. template building, regulatory readiness,
marketing/event planning, etc.).
Must be competent in multiple clerical functions to include answering/routing phone calls, working in Epic
electronic health record, supply inventory and ordering, sort/filing documents, entering data into
spreadsheets, taking meetings minutes and Outlook calendar management.
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- Community Resources and Coordinating with Case Mangers
* Reviews all patient referrals and determine priorities.
* Performs comprehensive assessment of available resources to assist patient/family with needs.
* Reviews all options/resources available to meet client/family needs and coordinate the services for patients.
* Assist case managers with follow up phone calls for simple reminders to patient/family.
* Collaborates with physician?s office practice as needed to coordinate care.
* Coordinate patient discharges and ensure that patients are adequately distributes to OP CM?s.
* Track SNF admissions and discharges and ensure timely referral to CM?s.
- Key Clerical Duties
* Managing meetings, creating meeting documents.
* Set up IT access and onboard all new staff on systems.
* Managing kronos.
* Assist with tracking employee time off.
* Orders all office supplies and distribute to staff.
- Key Role/ Monitoring/Evaluation
* Monitors services through data collection and analysis. Evaluates processes utilizing a systematic approach to determine the effectiveness of the services.
* Reviews results with population health management team and continually work to improve identified gaps.
* Participates in team meetings to evaluate current processes, provide and receive feedback, review specific cases with goal of problem-solving for improved patient adherence to plan and services set up.
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education:
High school graduate. Prefer 1 to 2 years of college or equivalent work experience.
Additional training in personal computer applications and medical technology required.
Required Minimum Experience:
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in health care administration or other health care related area.
Strong skills in EXCEL required.
Must be able to handle calls and patients in a professional and courteous manner.
Must be organized and capable of handling multiple tasks at once.
Required Minimum Skills:
Self-directed, ability to work autonomously and prioritize multiple assignments in a fastpaced environment without direct supervision. Very strong organizational skills. Must possess an understanding of today’s changing health care industry.
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to interface with patients/families, administrators, physicians and operational and clinical members.