Manager (RN) - Discharge OperationsWellstar Kennestone Hospital • Marietta, GA • Leadership • 104195 • Days, Various • Full-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
- Oversees the activities related to throughput and clinical excellence for the patients/clients of Kennestone Hospital
- Develops staff through coordinated training plans, performance reviews and on-going coaching
- Hires, develops and evaluates Patient Flow, Transport, and Discharge Unit staff.
- Lead orientation of all new hires to the Logistics Center, Discharge Unit, and Kennestone campus, etc.
- Collaborate with other leaders in the general orientation of all new facility hires.
- Responsible for overseeing right patient, right unit, and right time is supported by staff and physicians.
- Directs the coordination of patient transition from all portals of entry with operations of other hospital departments and/or to maximize patient flow and interdepartmental efficiency from admission to discharge.
- Has responsibility for overseeing standards of practice, interpreting system and department policies and procedures, and ensuring quality patient care and compliance with regulatory and legal requirements relating to admission and discharge of patients.
- Assist logistics staff with timely patient placement and resolution of complex placement needs.
- Assist with management of internal and external transfers that use the Transfer Center, including fielding and initially managing complaints.
- Responsible for financial performance, human and material resource management for the department.
- Oversees patient/customer satisfaction, appropriate reporting, and coordination of departmental functions with the operations of other hospital departments to assure quality services.
- Oversight for Kronos and Smart Square function.
- Development and oversight of all business activities for the department which includes meeting specific operational, financial, and strategic goals.
- Review current patient logistics processes to look for time saving measures and streamlining throughput
Strategic Planning/Policy and Procedures
- Contributes to the strategic planning process of the hospital by modifying his/her responsibilities to fulfill the mission, vision, and strategic goals of the organization by developing and implementing strategic plans for practice and care coordination in department.
- Educates and evaluates the staff on the individuals responsibility to fulfill the mission, vision, and strategic goals of the organization.
- Assures policies and procedures are in place to optimize patient experience and provide high level of quality and patient safety.
- Represent patient logistics in facility and system-related process improvement activities, including the Patient Throughput Committee
- Communicates necessary information to all care providers
- Establish and maintain positive and professional interpersonal relationships with fellow team members, physicians, patients, and families.
- Utilizes department metrics and develops plans to direct clinical practice performance initiatives, patient and staff satisfaction initiatives and improvements in physician relations and overall customer service.
- Lead continuing education on customer service skills with staff.
- Represents Wellstar by exhibiting values and credo
- Builds a culture of trust and engagement as reflected in the Great Place to Work Trust Index Survey at a direct report, workgroup, and hospital/entity level.
- Holds leaders accountable for behaviors that create trust and engagement.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities of this position in a manner that reflects the values of WellStar.
- Maintains and strengthens relationships with physicians and assures their involvement in developing systems to assure the growth of the service and the cost-effective delivery of quality patient care in a manner that fosters patient and employee satisfaction.
Results Oriented Leadership
- Sets challenging and productive goals for team.
- Holds team accountable for actions while providing leadership and motivation.
- Provides resources and support,
- Uses checkpoints and data to track progress, setting up system and processes to measure results.
Collaboration and Partnership
- Works collaboratively and as a team member with hospital leadership. Partners with Human Resources to achieve desired organizational culture, staffing and workforce metrics.
- Fosters positive working relationships between staff and physicians across the Health System.
- Fosters a culture that focuses on patient satisfaction, safety, customer service, staff participation, collaboration, motivation, and effective communication.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct
Required Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Required
Required/Preferred Minimum Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of nursing practice that includes sufficient clinical and leadership experience to ensure competence
- Minimum 2 years of bed placement, transfer center or logistics center experience preferred
- Care Coordination experience preferred
- Leadership experience preferred
Required Minimum Skills:
- Excellent organizational and professional communication skills
- Independent and self-directed
- Ability to effect change, perform critical analysis, and mentor and develop direct reports
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s):
- Reg Nurse (Single State) Required
- RN - Multi-state Compact Required
- Basic Life Support Preferred
- BLS - Instructor Preferred
- BLS - Provisional Preferred