Business Operations Manager - Surgical ServicesWellstar Kennestone Hospital • Marietta, GA • Leadership • 106444 • Days • Full-Time
This position provides management and oversight to the assigned areas of responsibility and is responsible for development and implementation related to planning, management, and execution of multiple concurrent and interrelated projects. This includes partnering, collaborating, and prioritizing with hospital and departmental leaders on strategic planning and execution of the work activities to meet plan goals and objectives. Provides ongoing oversight and leadership to ensure adherence to workflow processes, adherence to contracts, clinical/business performance outcomes and opportunities for improvement to performance and operations.
Scheduling experience and Operating Room/Surgical Services knowledge preferred.
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
* Provides leadership, manages accountability and builds levels of trust within assigned areas.
* Builds and supports effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Develops partnerships, coordinates services, reviews work, exchanges information and resolves problems.
* Leads the operations and management of workflow processes within assigned areas.
* Responsible for overseeing multiple and interdependent projects.
* Provide regular updates to leadership utilizing reports and other data.
* Work collaboratively with business units to maintain awareness of outcomes and changes that may occur.
* May lead/facilitate task forces, committees or councils to plan, implement and coordinate activities for the organization.
* Manages contractual relationships with partners including but not limited to Behavioral Health, Transport, and hospital gift shop.
* Supports the budgeting process for productivity and fiscal budget for assigned areas.
* Maintains awareness of current financial progress and can implement corrective action if needed.
* May lead or be involved in implementing capital expenditures.
* Supports and applies a working knowledge of the company?s policies and procedures.
* Supports clinical outcomes and improvement projects.
* Upholds all associated regulatory guidelines.
* Other projects and duties as assigned.
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education
- Bachelor's Degree Required and
- Advanced degree (MBA or MHA) Preferred
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum 4 years leadership experience in healthcare management Preferred
Required Minimum Skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, knowledge and command of principles of financial analysis, strategic planning, operations, human resources and IT.
- Ability to collect and analyze data and other information to develop short- and long-term goals.
- Ability to work independently and motivate and develop staff.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Additional Licenses and Certifications