Manages and advises Nutrition & Food Services team to meet expected departmental goals. Ensures patron satisfaction by monitoring all service offerings, initiating improvements and building relationships with patrons. Investigates patient/customer service complaints, solves problems, and provides exemplary customer service recovery. Coordinates with inter/intra-departmental purchasing and external vendors. Trains and builds a team of employees. Makes process improvements and improvises as needed. Monitors and balances budget for area. Plans for future and long-term services. Responsible for maintaining operational costs for responsible area within volume adjusted budgetary limitations. Oversees staff to maximize productivity, minimize waste, and ensure consistently high-quality products are delivered to guests. Responsible for compliance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point Standards (HACCP), ServSafe, State and Joint Commission standards. Keeps informed of latest technology. Maintains a good working knowledge of food service systems, patient meal services and retail restaurant services.
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions Budget
* Prepares and monitors a fiscal budget with the guidance of leadership
* Hires employees while adhering to position control.
* Flexes and moves resources to best meet operational needs.
* Monitors multiple financial reporting systems to ensure that the department is within budgetary limits; keeps leader apprised of information.
* Takes responsibility for the business performance of area of direct oversight.
* Supports and coordinates updates to the business plan by assessing demands, volumes and stats. Leadership
* Assesses the performance of direct reports and completes and distributes appraisals and performance improvement plans.
* Ensures compliance with HR processes and expectations such as personnel actions.
* Collaborate on strategies and tactics with leader to sustain an environment of trust.
* Must have strong dispute resolution, interpersonal, and team building skills.
* Speaks in positive and respectful terms and walks with confidence, establishes eye contact and smiles such that he/she can manage in all areas and create a positive team environment.
* Meets established expectations of the team by offering assistance when it is needed in a positive manner.
* Maintains patron satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating and auditing all service offerings, initiating improvements, and building relationships with patrons.
* Completes all other job duties as assigned by leadership.
* Participates in hospital leadership meetings and initiatives; collaborates well with leadership of other disciplines.
* Acts as a team player by offering ways to incorporate hospital and health system strategic goals into operations. Performance Management
* Monitors and guides the success of all areas of supervision including procedures, systems and equipment.
* Takes steps to improve problems and bring solutions.
* Spearheads new initiatives.
* Globally guides and engages in the daily operational processes.
* Ensures established procedures are followed for storing, reporting repair needs and keeping equipment clean.
* Communicates with all customers and employees in clear concise and simple terms that are understandable and includes all necessary information; utilizes good listening skills, clarifying when necessary, and allows people to finish speaking.
* Tracks performance improvement initiatives using metrics and can speak to the data with team and hospital leadership as needed. Business Development
* Works with Wellstar’s strategic plan to help determine needs for area of supervision.
* Coordinates with inter/intra-departmental purchasing and external vendors to communicate vision and plan.
* Understands and complies with Food Code for all regulatory agencies. Food Safety and Planning
* Owns all service aspects of the operation.
* Uses advertising, marketing and/or patient experience tools to improve restaurant revenue, guest attendance and patient satisfaction.
* Oversees product procurement; coordinates with purchasing and manages service area par levels.
* Oversees staff to maximize productivity, minimize waste, and ensure consistently high-quality products to guests.
* Ensures all staff understands sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of service and dining areas; maintains annual competencies.
Required for All Jobs Performs other duties as assigned Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum EducationBachelor's Degree from an accredited institution Required and Nutrition and/or Food Service Preferred
Required Minimum Experienceminimum 5 years food service experience with three (3) years in food service management Required and
Required Minimum Skills Ability to read, write and speak the English language. Strong customer service skills. Proficient in the use of Internet browsers and Microsoft Office products. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be organized and the ability to analyze and trouble shoot problems. This individual must have good interpersonal skills and be able to work as part of a team. Ability to multi-task is essential, as is the ability to function in stressful and emergency situations. Strong detail orientation and time management skills are required. Knowledge of clinical practice settings and clinical workflow in a hospital setting are necessary.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Additional Licenses and Certifications