Compensation ManagerWellstar Shared Services • Marietta, GA • Leadership • 115095 • Days • Full-Time
Manage the operations aspects of the Wellstar Health System Compensation function to include Client needs assessment, planning, analysis, implementation and administration of operations. Body of work also includes operational aspects of the Wellstar executive compensation program. Functions as a working manager, leading a team of analysts in a consultative support & client service delivery model. Ensures compliance with federal and state regulations as well as System policies and procedures. While this position does not manage provider compensation, it will assist with the compensation process as necessary.
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- Internal and External Data Analysis
* Leverages knowledge of Wellstar data sets, business dynamics, and internal/external trends to conduct proactive analysis.
* Distills findings into business insights for HR and business leader socialization.
- Manages overall base salary administration
* Establishes and maintains internally equitable and externally competitive pay infrastructure.
* Evaluates new job classifications based on job descriptions and approves salary grade assignments; coordinates with Director on the more unusual jobs or costly upgrades.
* Ensures requests for upgrades, title changes, etc. are addressed in a timely and equitable manner.
* Leads team in conducting and analyzing periodic salary surveys to determine placement of job classifications into salary scales, and to determine when and how much scales need to be adjusted.
* Participates in annual budgeting process for salary recommendations.
* Implements and communicates classification adjustments as authorized by administration.
* Recommends pay policies and special compensation programs to attract, retain and motivate staff.
* Establishes annual merit pools and guidelines to reward employee performance.
* Completes periodic and annual management reports and provides compensation information administration as requested.
* Manages maintenance of merit records, conducting audits and communicating to department heads.
- Regulatory compliance
* Advises, recommends and interprets federal and state laws to ensure WellStar Health System is in compliance to avoid unfair labor practices, charges of discrimination and violations of wage and hour regulations. Stays abreast of federal and state laws to ensure compliance.
* May be called upon to educate department managers and other members of WellStar Health System about regulatory issues affecting employment, compensation, payment of wages, etc.
* May be called upon to investigate employee complaints and/or department managers requests regarding regulatory issues.
- Compensation Dashboard and other HR metrics
* Partners with analysts and performance management team to develop, track, analyze, and report Compensation Dashboard related metrics pertaining to Wellstar compensation programs.
* Participates in external market salary surveys as approved and supported by executive leadership.
* Supports preparation of annual board reports.
* Supports preparation for Board of Trustees Compensation Committee meetings.
- Manages Incentive Plans:
* Functional Project Lead for the administration and delivery of corporate incentive plans.
* Calculates and communicates incentive payments consistent with official Plan parameters.
* Ensures timely and accurate payment.
Required Minimum Education
- BS in Finance, Data Science, Business Administration/Human Resources Required or
- related degree Required and
- MBA Preferred or
- Master's Degree Preferred
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum 5 years of compensation planning, operations, and/or administration, involving business acumen, data analytics, and financial modeling Required and
- Mastery level proficiency in data analytics and associated software and tools; SME level proficiency with process design, complemented by sound insights and data story-telling Required and
- Supervisory experience along with a working knowledge of state and federal labor laws is also required Required and
- Background in healthcare a plus, but not required Preferred
Required Minimum Skills
- Ability to communicate on all levels, listen effectively and gain the confidence of others.
- Market analysis, cost modeling, presentation skills.