Director of Clinical & Revenue Cycle ApplicationsWellstar Shared Services • Marietta, GA • Leadership • 106138 • Days • Full-Time
The Director of Clinical & Revenue Cycle Applications is responsible for managing and leading a team of Managers and Analysts who support users across the Ancillary and Service Line areas within Wellstar. This role encompasses the oversight of EPIC modules and other applications used in Pharmacy, Radiology, Emergency Department, Surgery, Neurology, Cardiology, and Laboratory departments.
The successful candidate will possess a comprehensive understanding of clinical processes and workflows to define business requirements and develop solutions for clinical functions. Collaborating closely with operational leadership, stakeholders, and other IT teams, they will contribute to the design, construction, and implementation of clinical applications for WellStar Health System. Additionally, this position assumes responsibility for staff training, development, and motivation. The ideal candidate will exhibit strong leadership skills, project management expertise, hands-on experience throughout the system lifecycle, and a results-oriented mindset in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Remote (work from home), with occasional onsite meetings. Out of state candidates may be considered.
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- Leader of Clinical & Revenue Cycle Applications
- Oversee all phases of application project delivery life cycle and provide leadership to application and operational teams.
- Ensure clear communication and execution of technical requirements to keep clinical application projects on track.
- Maintain close communication with stakeholders and act as a liaison between application and technical teams.
- Assist in developing project work plans, task sequencing, and coordinating project activities across multiple areas.
- Identify and manage risk factors associated with application implementation.
- Develop, communicate, and manage the application environment strategy.
- Provides on-going project management and status reporting at all levels.
- Develop, track, and execute project plans and budgets.
- Define and document high-level business requirements.
- Manage resources and coordinate across projects and regions to meet delivery commitments.
- Manage scope and change management process for clinical applications implementation.
- Monitor project status, prepare performance reports, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Administration of the Clinical & Revenue Cycle Application environment:
- Support and maintain WellStar software to meet organizational business needs.
- Provide input into budget preparation and forecasting.
- Collaborate within and across organizational units to ensure customer satisfaction and support service delivery.
- Leadership and Management
- Manage and lead a team of support personnel, providing coaching and counseling as needed.
- Create an environment of trust, respect, and empowerment to foster ethical leadership.
- Foster employee morale and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure appropriate team members achieve and maintain necessary certifications.
- Trust/Engagement (Mandatory Content)
* Builds a culture of trust and engagement as reflected in the Great Place to Work Trust Index Survey at a direct report, workgroup and hospital/entity level.
* Holds leaders accountable for behaviors that create trust and engagement.
* Performs all duties and responsibilities of this position in a manner that reflects the values of WellStar.
* Maintains and strengthens relationships with physicians and assures their involvement in developing systems to assure the growth of the service and the cost effective delivery of quality patient care in a manner that fosters patient and employee satisfaction.
- Results Oriented Leadership (Mandatory Content)
* Sets challenging and productive goals for team.
* Holds team accountable for actions while providing leadership and motivation.
* Provides resources and support,
* Uses checkpoints and data to track progress, setting up system and processes to measure results.
- Collaboration and Partnership (Mandatory Content)
* Works collaboratively and as a team member with hospital leadership. Partners with Human Resources to achieve desired organizational culture, staffing and workforce metrics.
* Fosters positive working relationships between staff and physicians across the Health System.
* Fosters a culture that focuses on patient satisfaction, safety, customer service, staff participation, collaboration, motivation, and effective communication.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Master's Degree Preferred
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum 10 years of related work experience in healthcare, including 5 years in a supervisory or managerial role.
- Minimum 2 years of EPIC experience.
- Significant project management experience with large, complex projects in a healthcare environment.
- Experience with software application design and implementation projects. Experience in evaluating software packages and working with vendors and system integrators.
Required Minimum Skills
- Excellent project management skills
- strong communication and presentation skills
- client relationship management
- analytical ability
- interpersonal skills
- negotiation skills, leadership, and ability to motivate others
- Dir Practice Operations Marietta 06/01/2023
- Dir Provider Recruitment Marietta 05/28/2023
- Mgr Practice Marietta 05/25/2023