Desktop ArchitectWellstar Shared Services • Marietta, GA • Information Systems and Technology • 110870 • Days, Various • Full-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Functions under the direction of an IT Manager or Senior Enterprise Architect The Desktop Architect assists the IT Manager, Chief Architect, or Senior Enterprise Architect in the development of the overall desktop and workstation architecture, standards and infrastructure. The Desktop Architect must have a broad view of the entire organization. The Desktop Architect will work in a team environment developing enterprise IT technology strategy and providing a technology vision aligned to changing business priorities and enterprise architectural standards.
The Desktop Architect improves desktop hardware and software processes and supports critical business strategies by managing the WellStar image process and provides technical oversight to the WellStar desktop IT hardware environment. Works with technical staff to ensure that client specifications are met. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Works at the highest systems level to provide expert advice and counsel to user management and IT project teams for systems of the most complex nature. Evaluates new technologies and develops departmental standard practices. Related to the endpoints. Principal work of unit is adaptation and maintenance of PC and application systems. Preferred candidates should have an expert level of experience with building, integrating, imaging, and scanning, patching, securing and supporting MicroSoft Windows® desktops in a large enterprise environment.
The Desktop Architect will be responsible for building Windows images and application packages that will be used across the enterprise. This includes building, testing and deploying 3rd-Party patches across the enterprise. Responsibilities also include assisting and supporting other initiatives including SCCM, VDI and Windows 7.
Required Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's Degree Required or equivalent Required
Required Minimum Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of equivalent work experience in lieu of education will be considered. Required
- Minimum 8 years of increasingly responsible experience in Information Technology (applications or technology), in a large environment with a wide variety of Healthcare Management Information Technology applications and technologies. Required
- This experience should include minimum of two-years as a Senior Systems Analyst or Senior Service Analyst as an expert providing tier-2 support in a call center, or support role. Required
- Candidate should have experience managing difficult issues and sensitive situations.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Managing desktops across a large enterprise environment
- Outstanding customer service skills in a large global enterprise environment
- Experience with desktop imaging tools
- Enterprise software distribution system knowledge, especially SCCM
- Experience with Active Directory (AD)
- Strong documentation and organizational skill
- Strong Microsoft Windows system administration and troubleshooting skills including deep knowledge of the registry, file system, processes, and security in Windows XP and Windows 7 operating systems
- Must be able to work well within a technical team, as well as interface well with the Clinical Applications and Business Applications units, Service Desk teams, Field Service support teams, IT developers and analysts, and individual customers from the business user community
- Self-motivated, creative, flexible, energetic, and eager to constantly learn