Emergency Medical Services CoordinatorWellstar Kennestone Hospital • Marietta, GA • Nursing Leadership • 106198 • Days, Various • Full-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Responsible for developing and coordinating programs with Emergency Medical Service Providers to improve the competitive position of Wellstar Hospitals. Responsible for EMS Radio Communication equipment, Pre-hospital 12 lead EKG program, ED disaster preparedness and HAZMAT training. Educates the pre-hospital care provider community to a) keep them informed of the changes in the standards of care they are required to deliver, b) market WellStar's full range of services to the emergency provider community, and c) develop a stronger relationship between Wellstar and these providers. Acts as customer service liaison between the WellStar and Emergency Service Providers with the objective of establishing and strengthening relationships and increasing the number of patients that these services bring to WellStar Health System.
Take a tour to view our wonderful emergency department!
- Education and Training
- Educates pre-hospital care provider community to keep them informed of changes in the standards of care that they are required to deliver. Establishes quality review process for EMS run sheets and establishes mechanism for reporting and follow up with EMS providers. Work closely with EMS agencies as a resource of information and training. Responsible for coordination and training of EMS Student Clinical rotations in the Emergency Department from College, Private EMS, and Fire Department clinical training programs.
- Primary responsibility for education and training of ED staff on NIMS, Hazmat, biological, chemical and Disaster preparedness. Represents the ED on WellStar’s Environmental of Care Committee and the Disaster Preparedness Committee and has primary responsibility for representing the ED involvement in disaster drills. Primary responsible for the CarePoint EMS workstation program.
- Acts as a liaison between WellStar and EMS providers.Assures that EMS providers’ requests, suggestions and problems concerning WellStar Emergency Departments receive proper attention and/or resolution. Establishes and coordinates meetings with EMS and WellStar leadership.
- In cooperation with the Marketing and Public Relations Departments, develops promotional literatures, brochures, and presentations designed to increase EMS provider awareness of emergency medical services available at WellStar. Conducts presentations to potential participants.
- Represents WellStar to a variety of external organizations and the general public when informing them of WellStar’s programs/services available. Works with the WellStar leadership to market and communicate programs. Participates and attends EMS quality review EMS Advisory Committee, EMS Mass Causality Incident Planning Committee. Represents WellStar Health System on Region 3 EMS Committee. Attends Cobb County Emergency Management/Health Department Committee.
- Inventory Control
- Works with ED inventory coordinator to establish and maintain cost effective prehospital inventory and distribution processes. Evaluates products and works with EMS to standardize equipment. Assumes primary responsibility for EMS communications equipment and training. Assumes responsibility for the EMS CPAP exchange program.
- Reviews EMS services provided to WellStar Emergency in cooperation with marketing and Public Relations Departments; conducts market surveys, and researches trends to recommend changes to Stroke, Trauma Services and Cardiac programs which would enhance marketability, cost efficiency and so forth.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate journals, periodicals and books and/or by attending related in-services, seminars and other educational courses.
- Quality and Safety
- Improve patient safety in the delivery of health care by understanding and applying the patient safety goal for WellStar Hospitals of no preventable deaths or injuries.
- Coordinate First Responder exposure program and follow up with infection control and EMS agencies.
- Participates in local, state and national organizations related to trauma care and EMS services.
- Represents WellStar Health System interests in a variety of areas. Participates in Program/Project development for Wellstar Health System. Conducts special projects and feasibility studies.
Required Minimum Education:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing Required
- BSN Preferred
Required Minimum Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of progressively more responsible work experience necessary to gain knowledge of EMS regulations, disaster preparedness, and quality improvement Required
Required Minimum Skills:
- Knowledge of emergency medical services at a level normally acquired through completion of state certification as an EMT- P Instuctor Coordinator Required.
Required Minimum License(S) and Certification(S):
- Registered Nurse single and Multi State compact Required
- Basic Life Support