Inpatient Coder 3Wellstar Shared Services • Marietta, GA • Coding, Compliance, and Health Information Systems • 113065 • Days, Evenings, Nights, Various, Weekend Option • Full-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence, and honor every voice? At WellStar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
This position is Remote Eligible depending on location
**** Sign-On Bonus Offered ****
Attention all candidates! Are you looking to join an organization that promotes growth and values your passion for providing care and services to patients, families, and our community? If so, please apply to Wellstar Health System today and allow us to find the department, shift, and facility that best suits your needs!
- Full-Time, Part-Time, PRN positions available.
- Day, Evening, Night, Various, and Weekend Option shifts available as well!
Reviews documentation in inpatient and/or IVR (interventional radiology) medical records, and accurately and completely assigns appropriate diagnostic and procedural ICD-10-CM/ICD10-PCS or CPT-4 HCPCS codes to the greatest specificity and assigning the most accurate DRG/APC as appropriate. Abstracts demographic and coding information into the information system accurately and completely.
- High School Education, GED or equivalent
- Completed course in anatomy and physiology
- Billing or Coding School Certification (AHIMA or AAPC to include but not limited to RHIT, RHIA, CCS or CPC) in hospital coding preferred
- Must have and maintain a 95% or higher accuracy in abstracting, code and DRG assignment while meeting productivity requirements
- Minimum of 5-7 years of acute care inpatient and/or IVR coding experience (with Same day surgery, ED and OP diagnostic outpatient coding experiences are a plus) preferred
- Computer/data entry experience. Ability to communicate with various members of the healthcare team
- Ability to use EXCEL, Word and have basic computer operational knowledge. Epic and 3M experience preferred
- Ability to work in a remote environment