Team Lead PAS - (Onsite) Lagrange, GAWellstar West Georgia Medical Center • LaGrange, GA • Administrative and Clerical • 112046 • Evenings, Nights, Weekend Option • Full-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The PAS Team Lead position functions under the direction of the PAS Supervisor and/or Manager. The position is responsible for leading the daily operations of their assigned areas, including ensuring appropriate staffing, assisting with problem solving and customer service issues, and ensuring policies and procedures are being followed. The position assists the PAS Supervisor and/or Manager with monitoring, maintaining and evaluating key performance indicators (including quality, collections, productivity, and patient satisfaction), and developing and implementing action plans for optimum performance. Works well with other team members to ensure all areas are staffed appropriate to volumes.
The PAS Team Lead will often serve in a front line position, covering open shifts as appropriate. The position assists the PAS Supervisor and/or Manger with other duties as required to help ensure the efficiency of the department. Demonstrates professionalism, effective communication skills and active listening skills. Monitor wait times. Completes monthly cash audits. Assist with Workqueues. PAS Team Lead in handling daily responsibilities in conjunction with other departments. This offers better Customer Service to departments in the absence of the Supervisor/Manager. Assist staff with patient/doctor problems and/or complaints. Attend any meetings necessary on behalf of Supervisor/Manager when feasible.
Required Minimum Education
- High School diploma or GED required
- Associate's Degree preffered
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum of one year healthcare experience in Patient Access Services, Practice Operations, or Patient Financial Services, required
- Bachelor's degree or higher may substitute for experience, required
Required Minimum Skills
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to communicate with various members of the healthcare team.
- High attention to detail, self-directed and a positive attitude are essential.
- Effective problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Typing or data entry competency of at least 40 words/minute.
- Cash handling and balancing.
- Demonstrated professionalism, effective communication skills and active listening skills.
- Working knowledge of patient registration systems and intermediate Microsoft Office Suite are preferred. Epic experience preferred.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- Cert Healthcare Access Assoc Required
- Certified Patient Account Rep Required
- Certified Revenue Cycle Rep Required