Security Officer 1Wellstar Shared Services • LaGrange, GA • Facility, Environmental, and Nutrition & Food Services • 113075 • Days, Evenings, Nights, Various, Weekend Option • Full-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Attention all candidates! Are you looking to join an organization that promotes growth and values your passion for providing services to patients, families, and our community? If so, please apply to Wellstar Health System today and allow us to find the department, shift, and facility that best suits your needs!
- Full-Time, Part-Time, PRN positions available.
- Day, Evening, Night, Various, and Weekend Option shifts available as well!
The Security Officer is responsible for a fixed post or patrolling an assigned area to preserve peace and order, to provide excellent customer service and to protect persons and property, and to perform duties relating to the welfare and safety of the employees, patients, visitors, and property of WellStar Health System. Reports to the Supervisor, Security Services.
Required Minimum Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Required Minimum Certification
- Must possess Georgia Weapons Carry License issued under GA code 16-11-129.
- Must have a current/valid Georgia driver's license and have an insurable driving history.
- Must pass required psychological examination.
- Must achieve Basic Security Officer certification through the IAHSS within the first year of employment.
Required Minimum Experience
- One-year private safety/security, security related military or law enforcement experience preferred.
Required Minimum Skills
- Ability to speak, read, write and follow written and oral instructions.
- Possesses writing skills necessary to complete incident, accident and investigative reports.
- Must be able to pass standard security training program including Non Violent Crisis Intervention, defensive tactics, baton and Taser use as well as basic life support for healthcare provider status according to American Heart Association criteria.
- Must pass WHS mandated psychological evaluation prior to and during employment. Public relations skills necessary to communicate effectively in a courteous, professional and tactful manner. Must be able to accept responsibility, manage authority and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to function independent of constant supervision and exercise physical and emotional restraint under stressful conditions. Ability to observe, listen attentively and use problem-solving skills.
- Preferred: Some knowledge and experience with security CCTV and access control systems.