Care Coordinator - Registered Nurse (RN)Wellstar West Georgia Medical Center • LaGrange, GA • Nursing: Non-Bedside • 106824 • Days, Weekend Option • Full-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice?
At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Wellstar West Georgia Medical Center located LaGrange GA - We are seeking a RN Care Coordinator to join our Float Team!
Come be part of the team that was voted 2022 Large Busniess of the Year by LaGrange Troup County Chamber of Commerce.
The Care Coordinator RN (CC RN) is responsible for assessing transitional care needs, coordinating care across the continuum, and engaging with patient and family to assure care needs are met. The CC RN plans effectively to meet the patient's needs, manage the length of stay and promote efficient utilization of resources. Overall, the role integrates and coordinates care facilitation, care progression and transitional care planning functions.
Specific functions within this role include:
- Psychosocial and functional status assessment, transitional care planning, clinical care progression, facilitate patient/family care conferences, participate in interdisciplinary rounds, and patient/family education
- Collaborates effectively with the utilization review nurse, patient's physicians and the interdisciplinary care team to provide a comprehensive assessment of the patient's medical care needs, psychosocial needs, any social determinants of health needs, goals/outcome attainment and continued care needs
- Assures that the patient is progressing towards their discharge goal and assists to alleviate barriers
- Seeks consultation from appropriate disciplines/departments as required to proactively identify and resolve delays to expedite care and facilitate discharge.
- May have other duties assigned
Required Minimum Education:
- Associate's Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing with a Georgia RN License
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum 1 year nursing experience in the acute care setting.
- Case Management experience strongly preferred
Required Minimum Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- Must possess maturity, self-confidence, objectivity, and positive attitude.
- Self-directed with the ability to function well under stress, handle change, and function in a fast-paced environment
- Strong assessment, interview, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge regarding local, state and federal regulations required.
- Knowledge of community and state-wide resources and programs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with physicians, members of the care team, and the patient/family to assist with progression of care through their transition to the next level of care.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- Registered Nurse for the state of GA
- Basic Life Support with the American Heart Association