Medical Technologist (MT)Wellstar Spalding Regional Hospital • Griffin, GA • Allied Health • 105463 • Nights, Weekend Option • Full-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Shift hours: Friday, Saturday and Sunday 6:00 PM - 6:30 AM
The Medical Technologist under the general supervision of the Supervisors, Manager or Director, performs clinical laboratory testing pursuant to established and approved protocols requiring the exercise of independent judgment and responsibility, maintains equipment and records, performs quality assurance activities related to test performance and may supervise and teach within the laboratory setting. The Med Tech II is fully proficient in their area of expertise, and will serve as a Generalist in all areas of the General Lab and Blood Bank, or as a Key Operator / Subject Matter Expert in their
Core Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
PERFORMS RESPONSIBILITIES OF A MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST
• Works independently analyzing blood and body fluids for ordered diagnostic tests in General laboratory, Blood Bank, or Microbiology sections Results all tests using good lab technique and adheres to established procedures.
• Performs all routine testing in hematology, manual hematology, urinalysis, coagulation, processing, chemistry , manual chemistry, blood bank and microbiology as
• Performs all lab supplementary tasks for Quality control, chemical safety, logs all required activities to track workload, work in progress, pending logs and amended
• Effectively communicates all information to appropriate personnel as required by policy and procedure. Participates in shift to shift hand-off communication
PERFORMS DUTIES OF SUPERVISORS IN THEIR ABSENCE
• Acts as a resource to the Pathologists. Resolves any issues they require.
• Fields problem phone calls and resolves issues. Checks the critical logs.
• Serves as a technical resource to other techs. Trains techs in new procedures.
• Acts as consultants and advisors to the other Supervisors
Required Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology or related science except for HEW. Required
Required Minimum Experience:
- Minimum 2 years as a Medical Technologist with 1 year of Blood Bank experience if
Required Minimum License/Certification:
- Med Tech ASCP Certification
- Rad Tech 2 Griffin 05/17/2023
- EMT PRN SR Griffin 06/08/2023
- Nuclear Med Tech Reg PRN Griffin 05/17/2023