Infection Preventionist (RN) - Infection PreventionWellstar Cobb Hospital • Austell, GA • Nursing: Non-Bedside • 111718 • Days • Full-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Wellstar Cobb Hospital has an opportunty for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Infection Preventionist (IP)
This position is Full-Time Day Shift
Wellstar Cobb Hospital offers the most advanced comprehensive care to the people of South Cobb County. Our cutting-edge technology and extensive expertise creates an unparalleled healthcare experience unique to each patient. We provide whole-person, high-quality care for your medical, surgical, rehabilitative or emergency needs when you need it most.
The Registered Nurse (RN) - Infection Preventionist (IP) is a registered professional nurse (RN) who functions under the direction of the Infection Prevention Manager, Executive Director of Infection Prevention, or Director/ED/AVP of Quality.
Core Responsibilites include:
- Assist with the development of policy and procedures in conjunction with the WellStar system.
- Assists with education of patients and team members and mentoring new Infection Preventionist.
- Routinely audits and makes physical rounds of the facility departments to monitor Infection Prevention practices.
- Surveillance - Conducts surveillance for healthcare associated infections and epidemiologically significant organisms as specified in the Infection Prevention Plan.
- Hospital surveillance to include identification of healthcare associated infections manage and ensure public reporting for mandated Healthcare associated infections.
- Reporting and Communicating
- Leadership - Collaborates with Manager to review and implement system policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or RN with other bachelor’s degree in health care related field required
Required Minimum Certification:
- Current licensure as a registered professional nurse in the State of Georgia
- Certification in Infection Control (CIC) within 24 months from date of hire
Required Minimum Experience:
- Two (2) years experienced in clinical nursing role is required
- One (1) year experience in infection Prevention preferred
Required Minimum Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent teamwork and relationship building
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic principles of epidemiology, surveillance, data collection and analysis
- Knowledge of Infection Prevention guidelines, OSHA, regulatory requirements, and CDC guidelines is essential
- Personal time management skills are required