Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - Ears, Nose and ThroatWellstar Medical Group • Austell, GA • Nursing Support • 111608 • Days • Full-Time
The Medical Assistant functions under the direction of the Physician, Clinical Lead, Clinical Nurse Supervisor, Nurse Supervisor and/or Office Manager. Recognizes patient's needs and symptoms in advance. Provides care for the patient under the physician's direction. Includes caring for patients with problems associated with the ears, nose and throat. Providers do most procedures in the OR, but some are done in the office. Some examples of procedures done in the office are endoscopy, ear tubes, biopsies, in which the clinical staff may assist. A big part of the clinical staff resonsibilities is cleaning and sterilizing instruments in the office. Pediatric ENT sees only pediatric patients and regular ENT sees both adults and pediatric patients.
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- Rooming patients for providers
- Vital Signs
- Setting up for and assisting with procedures
- Sterilization of instruments
- High Level Disenfection of scopes
- Pre-visit planning
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education
- High school diploma Required and
- equivalent Required and
- Graduate from an accredited medical assistant program Preferred and
- Graduate from a newly formed medical assistant program in which the program has the intent to seek CAAHEP or ABHES accreditation Preferred
Required Minimum Experience
- Work experience in a practice setting Preferred and
- Specific experience in practice specialty Required and
- Radiology experience, and/or will provide training within first sixty days. Preferred and
- Phlebotomy certification, and/or will provide training within first sixty days. Preferred
Required Minimum Skills
- Must be organized and attentive to detail.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently to assure patient comfort and satisfaction.
- Able to communicate and understand verbal and written English language, optimize the use of technology to support clinical care and holds basic computer skills.
- The employee should also be able to adhere to the WellStar Credo and Code of Conduct.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- Cert Medical Assistant Required
- Basic Life Support Required
- BLS - Instructor Required
- BLS - Provisional Required
Additional Licenses and Certifications
- Must have successfully passed a Medical Assistant credentialing body examination (AAMA, AMT, NHA, or NCCT) with current and maintained Medical Assistant Credential. Required and
- Must complete the required OSHA training course for operators of radiology equipment within sixty days of hire. Required