Assistant Nurse Manager (RN) - MedSurgWellstar Kennestone Hospital • Marietta, GA • Nursing Leadership • 112743 • Evenings • Full-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
- The Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) is a registered professional nurse who provides support and works in conjunction with the nurse manager of a specific unit(s) or service.
- Wiewed as aspiring to be a nurse manager and through this role to learn additional knowledge and skills through experience and mentoring by the nurse manager and the hospital/system.
- Possess very good skills in communication and teamwork and serve as a mentor for others while learning the responsibilities of his/her role.
- Together with the nurse manager, the assistant nurse manager uses his/her knowledge and skills to promote the creation of a center of excellence for staff recruitment and retention and clinical and business
- Upholds the nurse manager’s direction and actively leads staff in the performance of their daily activities and participates in their performance reviews, as well as coaching and counseling as appropriate.
- In collaboration with the nurse manager, holds staff accountable for the delivery of care and services through effective communication, observation, and the management and measurement of specific interventions/practices and their associated outcomes.
- This key leader plays a significant role in assisting the nurse manager in achieving clinical and financial goals along with management of human/material resources as delegated.
- Plays a pivotal role in staff recruitment, mentoring and retention.
- Models the way to foster teamwork and collaboration with physicians, staff, patients and other departments.
- Role specific competencies, responsibilities, roles and functions are based on Professional Practice Model, 5 Star Nursing.
- It is expected that all RN Assistant Nurse Managers are licensed, knowledgeable and uphold the practice of nursing as outlined by the Georgia Professional Nurse Practice Act and implements the Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics Standards put forth by the American Nurses Association.
- As a member of the patient services team, it is expected the individual upholds the voice of the patient, system policies and procedures while supporting service excellence goals.
Required Minimum Education:
- Must hold Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from accredited nursing school; Master's Degree in Nursing preferred.
- If bachelor degree is not in nursing, MSN must be from accredited nursing school.
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification:
- Registered Nurse, actively licensed in the state of Georgia.
- BLS & ACLS from the American Heart Association.
- National certification in nursing administration preferred.
Required Minimum Experience:
- (3) Three years of clinical experience required and
- Management experience/ experience as a Charge Nurse/ other nurse leader role highly preferred
Required Minimum Skills:
- Should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and relationship building; desires to see progressive nursing management roles and enjoys/seeks opportunities to coach and mentor others.
- Seeks to learn and demonstrate progressive skills in the business of managing a patient care unit or service by obtaining the commitment and productivity of nursing staff.
- Must be a continuous learner who seeks to better understands health care financing; strategy and operations for running a business unit(s); and effectively employ data and technology to support work processes and make decisions.
- Supports shared governance or shared decision making; manage the design and delivery of care that in based on evidence and focused on quality and safety.
- Demonstrates interest and aptitude to achieve knowledge of risk management and various accreditation/regulations/licensing requirements.