Dir SecurityWellstar Shared Services • Marietta, GA • Leadership • 110646 • Days • Full-Time
The Director Security provides direction and management of the security and parking programs at designated WellStar Health System (WHS) facilities. Responsibilities include the selection and assignment of officers at assigned WellStar hospital locations, training coordination, parking management, management of the security reporting systems and coordination of issues relative to security technology, equipment and alarm monitoring. The Security Director will assist the Executive Director of Security with internal investigations and with the administration of the approved departmental budget. The Director also coordinates and assists in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of segments of a system-wide emergency management program as it relates to the security function. The Security Director will assume authority in the absence of the Executive Director of Security. The individual in this role will carry a WHS-issued handgun. This position is responsible for assisting in the department operations including leading a team of highly effective and engaged team members. This Director will have responsibility for administrative duties that include budget responsibility, operations support and multi-site oversight. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or as necessary.
ResponsibilitiesCore Responsibilites and Essential Functions
* Develops and implements effective multisite operations training programs for all Security team members.
* Creates and implements security related programs and presentations to assist in the protection of persons and property at WHS.
* Identifies the training needs of security staff. Researches and develops applicable classes and programs.
* Educates all security personnel on intelligence and other information concerning activities which impact the WHS Security mission.
* Assures security team members meet competency requirements.
* Participates in planning and conducting emergency management training for security personnel; participates in workshops, conferences, and test exercises.
* Works with other departments and personnel to promote emergency management programs; participates in special activities to ensure effective utilization of System resources In the event of an emergency.
* Assists in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of segments of System-wide emergency management program as it relates to the Corporate Security function; participating in special studies and surveys regarding Emergency Management.
* Acts with honesty and integrity with employees and customers, showing and speaking with respect for the rights of others, human dignity and local culture.
* Maintain a positive working relationship with facility staff members.
* Communicate effectively with diverse people including patients, visitors, employees and medical staff.
* Write accurate, clear, and legible reports.
* Conducts investigations assigned by the EX Director of Security involving incidents and events at WHS facilities, including internal affairs of the Security Department.
* Installs and maintains covert video surveillance systems as assigned by the Ex Director of Security in the interest of ongoing security related investigations at WHS properties.
* Stays current with all computer equipments, software and computer training needs of the security department.
* Should be well versed in investigative techniques, including interviews and interrogations, evidence handling and preservation, covert video surveillance techniques.
* Works closely with administrators, department managers and Human Resources in cases involving employees.
* Acts as liaison to outside agencies (such as police departments, US Government agencies, other security companies).
* Completes audits and inspections of WHS properties as assigned by the Ex Director of Security. Provides documentation and recommendations on security related issues.
* Instructs WHS staff on security related topics. Performs in public forums without difficulty.
* Shares on call duties with other members of the Security Department administrative team on a rotating schedule, but may be called in event of serious incident requiring investigation or emergency preparedness needs.
* Ensures all departmental policies and procedures are kept updated. Updates and maintains departmental library as needed.
* Sets an example for other team members in uniform and personal appearance.
Required for All Jobs
QualificationsRequired Minimum Education
Required Minimum Experience
Required Minimum Skills
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Additional Licenses and Certifications