Coordinator Trauma Nurse (RN) - Part TimeWellstar Kennestone Hospital • Marietta, GA • Nursing: Non-Bedside • 105510 • Days • Part-Time
The Trauma Nurse Coordinator is a registered nurse who functions under the direction of the Trauma Program Manager to coordinate clinical, operational, and performance improvement initiatives. Expected to function as a bedside resource to trauma patient care.
ResponsibilitiesCore Responsibilites and Essential Functions
* Attends Trauma Activations to participate in care and serve as a resource person to enhance trauma team performance
* Works collaboratively with the Trauma Team to assure coverage for time sensitive responsibilities/duties c. Serves as a resource to patients and families as needed to ensure optimal trauma care provision to our patients
* Attends Multidisciplinary Rounds with Trauma Team
* Serves as a liaison to clinical areas responsible for the care of the trauma patient
* Facilitates multidisciplinary performance activities in relation to trauma patient care and outcomes
* Supports and assists in design of trauma process improvement and continuous quality enhancement projects
* Performs concurrent medical record monitoring and data collection
* Coordinates the trauma performance improvement program
* Evaluates both clinical and Trauma Registry data, in conjunction with the Trauma Program Leadership, and utilizes this information to improve the clinical care of trauma patients
* Works collaboratively with the institutional PI program and all the trauma subspecialties
* Works in conjunction with the Trauma Program Manager to review, monitor and identify PI opportunities at the system and provider levels. Escalates cases as appropriate for peer review.
* Facilitate overall Trauma Program quality and consistency
* Evaluates quality assurance filters as defined by the American College of Surgeons, State designated standards and internal filters, for process and care improvement opportunities
* Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual QA reports such as Over/Under Triage
* Collaborate with the Trauma Medical Director and Trauma Program Manager to develop and maintain a set of quality indicators for the trauma program and to ensure that staff in all departments dealing with the care of trauma patients are knowledgeable about the Trauma Program and standards of care
* Coordinates review of variances with Trauma Medical Director, Trauma Program Manager, and Trauma Committee
* Integrates trauma quality improvement with the hospital?s quality program
* Reviews trauma admission records for data collection and abstraction for inclusion into the trauma registry and appropriateness of admission service.
* Analyzes all records for quality assurance trauma standards recommended by the Trauma Committee and as stipulated by the American College of Surgeons and the Joint Commission. This data includes all phases of trauma care, i.e., pre-hospital, emergency department and inpatient.
* Maintains highest level of trauma registry validity to assure accurate program profiling,
* TQIP, state and internal data reports using the established data validation process for the Trauma Registry d. Completes routine checks of abstracted data for accuracy
* Identifies suspicious or invalid cases, variables and data values and implements corrective action for invalid data
* Attends all Trauma Department meetings as requested
* Participates on at least one of the Georgia Committee for Trauma Excellence Subcommittees to support regional and state trauma system development
Required for All Jobs
QualificationsRequired Minimum Education
Required Minimum Experience
Required Minimum Skills
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Additional Licenses and Certifications