Speech Pathologist Home HealthWellstar West Georgia Medical Center • LaGrange, GA • Homecare and Hospice • 65068 • Days • Part-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
West Georgia Medical Center
Speech Language Pathologist - Home Health
Full-Time or Part-Time Availability
The Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) will be working in the home health setting traveling to patient homes in the Lagrange area and is responsible for age appropriate interventions for the client that meet physical, emotional, developmental, psychosocial and educational needs to patients whom require rehabilitative care. The Speech Therapist is responsible to collaborate with all disciplines throughout the episode of care, to ensure all goals are met. The SLP provides delivery of high quality continuous care providing assessment, therapeutic exercises, education, treatments and self-maintenance therapy in the patient’s home. The Therapist participates in a preceptor role, for new employees and works in cooperation with other disciplines. The Therapist is responsible for attending inservices, staff meetings, special projects and continuing education.
Sign-on BONUS Eligible!
Required Minimum Education:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional Speech Language Pathology.
Required Minimum Certification:
- Licensed as a Speech Language Pathologist by the State of Georgia.
- BLS certification required.
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License required.
Required Minimum Experience:
- One year of Home Health experience required.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Strong critical care assessment and rehabilitative skills required.
- Positive leadership, problem solving skills, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Use of window based computer, utilizing home health patient software, email, internet, computer based learning modules, etc. Good understanding of home health operations, reimbursement, law and regulatory processes.