Patient Access Specialist I ED Services - Lagrange, GAWellstar West Georgia Medical Center • LaGrange, GA • Administrative and Clerical • 112163 • Evenings, Nights, Weekend Option • Full-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
This job is typically the first point of contact for patients presenting to the Emergency Department and must ensure a pleasant experience for patients and visitors. Strictly follows EMTALA protocols prior to performing registration of emergency room patients. Gathers appropriate identification for patient and confirms all patient demographics to validate patient identity. Conducts intensive screening of all Medicare, Medicaid and managed care patients to identify network status and coordination of benefits. Obtains all necessary customer consents/attestations.
Responds to customer requests and answers questions regarding various service and account information. Analyzes and rectifies customer concerns using established procedures. Uses computer to access and/or update customer records.
Collects patient portions, verifies, and posts transactions. Follows established procedures for processing receipts, cash etc. Sorts and files various documents. Assists with general hospital information and directions to departments within and outside of the WHS facility. Establishes financial arrangements to reduce financial risk for WHS, helping to ensure that WellStar is reimbursed for its services.
Is in good standing with all hospital policies including those related to attendance and staff development. Is a role model to all staff members, physicians, patients and visitors in guest relations. Demonstrates positive attitude about WellStar, staff and physicians. Actively participates in Quality Improvement processes in the employee respective department.
Required Minimum Education
- High School Dimploma or GED required
- Associate degree, preferred
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum of one year experience in healthcare, or institutional (corporate) work setting. Required
- Computer/data entry experience, Required
- Epic experience preffered
Required Minimum Skills
- Ability to communicate with various members of the healthcare team.
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal), attention to detail, self-directed and a positive attitude are essential.
- Effective problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Working knowledge of patient registration systems and intermediate Microsoft Office Suite are preferred.