Supervisor Environmental Services - Full Time - Environmental ServicesWellstar Paulding Hospital • Hiram, GA • Leadership • 111249 • Various • Full-Time
The Supervisor Environmental Services (EVS) functions under the direction of the Manager/Director of the Environmental Services Department. This individual is responsible for planning, organizing, scheduling and supervising department activities carried out on each shift to ensure the facilities appearance creates a great first impression by maintaining compliance with regulatory, System and department policies. This individual will continuously make rounds of the campus to determine special assignments and/or project work needs, to ensure all employees are completing all daily work assignments positively impacting infection prevention protocols. In addition, this leader is responsible for staff evaluations, interviewing, training, developing and corrective actions.
ResponsibilitiesCore Responsibilites and Essential Functions
* Provides strong support and effective leadership by coordinating and integrating services within department, with other departments and with the hospital?s primary function.
* Meets departmental and facility goals.
* Provides on going feedback to team members. To include but not limited to: reward, recognition counseling and coaching.
* Completes midyear and annual evaluations of team members.
* Conducts huddles and/or team meetings.
* Completes all tasks assigned by manager and working alongside with EVS technicians.
* Performs team member competencies.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Plans, schedule, oversee and continuously monitor quality and quantity of the daily assignments and activity of team, and redirecting as required.
* Inspects, corrects, coach and provide one-on-one competency, development and training of staff.
* Maintain Wellstar Health System standards.
* Supports department PI projects and participates in multi-disciplinary inter-departmental PI
* projects and activities.
* Practices and ensures the consistent use of AIDET scripting.
* Understand and support all patient and internal/external customer satisfaction measuring tools.
* Use appropriate interpersonal skills to effectively perform Service Recovery.
* Expected Performance, Behaviors and Results:
* The ?WellStar Experience? (Must demonstrate a commitment to Service Excellence by):
* Creating first impressions, memorable moments and impressions that fulfill the expressed and unexpressed wishes and needs of patients and family members
* Valuing patients and family members as partners in their care
* Having world-class processes in place
* Focusing on constant innovation and creating improvements
* Celebrating our diversity with sensitivity and understanding
* Embracing the idea that we are all owners of our health System
* Responsible for effective and efficient use and disposal of supplies and equipment.
* Follow all regulatory requirements for proper waste transporting and disposal.
* Ensures proper use and care of equipment.
Required for All Jobs
QualificationsRequired Minimum Education
Required Minimum Experience
Required Minimum Skills
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Additional Licenses and Certifications